RIP Tony Snow (1 Viewer)

Very sad.

Actually I did. His Cancer had spread to his liver, and from that point, it ain't good:(

It started in his colon.

The most important thing is to get checked for this stuff.

I had the "rear end checkup":eek: done this past spring, not bad at all, and I got a clean bill of health.

I had a first cousin die of colon cancer at 49. I had my first done at 52, and that was too long to wait with a family history........Tony Snow's Mom died from the disease when he was little.

You are young, Sam, take this stuff seriously and a long, and healthy life to you.

REX

Very sad.

Actually I did. His Cancer had spread to his liver, and from that point, it ain't good:(

It started in his colon.

The most important thing is to get checked for this stuff.

I had the "rear end checkup":eek: done this past spring, not bad at all, and I got a clean bill of health.

I had a first cousin die of colon cancer at 49. I had my first done at 52, and that was too long to wait with a family history........Tony Snow's Mom died from the disease when he was little.

You are young, Sam, take this stuff seriously and a long, and healthy life to you.

REX

You aren't lying, when I go to my annual physical I ask the doctor to check whatever he can to see if I have any symptoms of cancer, heart disease, etc. Hell, I am only 30 but I think I owe it to my family to do whatever necessary to ensure I am around for at least 40 more years. My doctor tells me I am crazy and I don't need any of these tests for another 10 years. To tell you a story, I went to the Nascar race 2 years ago in Joliet and it was about 95 degrees, I decided it was a good idea to drink a ton of beer before going into the race without drinking any water. The next day I got up and went to work like normal and then all of the sudden I started to get chest pains and I was dizzy. I called my doctor and told them I thought I was having the big one, they told me to go to the hospital ASAP. To make a long story short it wasn't a heart attack it was dehydration, but this was an eye opener for me that I was not 21 anymore and I can't do the things I used to. Before then, I thought I was the same guy who partied at Woodstock 99 for 3 days straight without drinking water and I had no ill effects.

My wife, Deb, went in for a colonoscopy in April, and they "found something". Was stage IIIB colon cancer. Had spread to some lymph nodes, but, mercifully, nowhere else. Quick, effective surgery got rid of it, but she's now in the middle of six months of really tough chemo. This is truly the thing that nightmares are made of, and it makes for a really crappy summer and fall, but the prognosis is excellent and she's very upbeat.

I need to get my colonoscopy, and everyone else at/over 50 should too.

Chris

Cancer sucks.

Long history of colon cancer in my fathers side of the family.
He died at 51 and it is not a pleasant way to go.
I get the anal exam every three years and the first one had 7 polyps none cancerous.
I don't drink so my chances went up according to some Doctors.
Alcohol is in the formaldehyde family of chemicals.
Methan Alcohol burns pretty dang good if you ask me !

RIP Tony I really enjoyed your show and that chuckle.

Years ago I thought colon cancer was something that happened primarily to men, but then my "Mom at the Track" was diagnoised with it. She went to a hospital in Houston for surgery and chemo and has been going back regularly for check ups. They took care of it all and she's been in remission for about 6 years(?)

She found out about it just in the nick of time because she already had 'symptoms', and the best treatment is early detection when you have no symptoms.

The tests, I'm told aren't that pleasant, but neither is having a bag attached to your stomach for the rest of your life which I'm told is the extreme.

Was having a meal and heard it on CNN. I knew about his cancer problems but was still a shock at the moment. I've called in to his radio show (when the topic was taxes, of course!). What a great, common sense family man.

I've been putting a few shakes of cinnamon in the majority of my cups of coffee for the last several years. Spices it up and there's enough information out there about for me.

Life Enhancement:: Can Cinnamon Fight Cancer?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back