Rickie Jones to Fly Summit Colors during NHRA Pro Mod Debut in Norwalk (1 Viewer)

Mooresville, N.C., June 22, 2011 – For the past two years, second-generation racer and Team Summit member Rickie Jones had been a mainstay in the NHRA’s Pro Stock Car category, with three final round appearances and a 10th place finish in the 2009 Full Throttle championship standings. In 2011, however, the 24 year-old son of noted race car builder Rick Jones opted to take his career in a different direction, climbing behind the wheel of a 1969 Camaro-bodied Pro Mod, competing in the American Drag Racing League’s Pro Nitrous division.

However, at this weekend’s Summit Racing Equipment Nationals in Norwalk, Ohio, Jones will make his debut in the NHRA’s Get Screened America Pro Mod Drag Racing Series, carrying the colors of the Tallmadge-based race and track sponsor on the doors of his 2,400-horsepower hot rod. Naturally, the Galesburg, IL native is looking forward to racing on the quarter-mile, where he will join Summit Racing-sponsored Kenny Lang and the other regulars on the NHRA tour.

“We’re really honored to have Summit Racing Equipment on our car this weekend,” said Jones. “Summit has been a great partner of mine for the last three years, helping my career get started, first in a Pro Stock Car and now with my Pro Mod. Last week at the ADRL race in Topeka, we qualified second and lost by two thousandths in the semifinals, so I think our program is on the right track as we come to our first NHRA race in Pro Mod. However, it’s going to be a challenge, since this will be the first time we run the quarter-mile.

“I haven’t been to an NHRA race since last year’s U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis, so I’m really looking forward to getting to the track in Norwalk, not only to race, but also to see everyone, as we have a lot of fans and customers over there. Summit Motorsports Park is a facility that is second to none, and the Bader family does a fantastic job with it. I couldn’t think of a better place to make my NHRA Pro Mod debut, and with Summit on board at the Summit race at the Summit track, hopefully a little magic will rub off and we can win one of those neat pewter Wallys.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back