Returning Sponsor Rumor? (1 Viewer)

Mountain Dew Car Wins The Mello Yellow FC Championship... That would go over like a Lead Balloon... Or is Coke leaving next year?

As childish as it sounds, you're probably right. Does that really affect people's buying habits? Isn't this just the strangest stuff that corporations do, or worry about? Honest, if you like Mello Yello over Dew, would any racing outcome make you wish you didn't like Mello Yello? Plus, just think how many times the Dew pilot would have to wear the Mello Yello hat and hoist the Mello Yello Trophy. Seems like that's a better image than they could hope for. Pepsi could win the World Cup, F1, NASCAR, NHRA, WRC, IndyCar, and cure cancer, but it wouldn't change my choice of colas. The only time I liked Pepsi was back when they had those tall swirled glass bottles. Been Coca-Cola for me, before (small 6OZ bottles) and ever since.

Really ... That has already been that long ago?!? Sheesh ... You guys are getting old and dragging me down with you LOL.

LOL. Yup. It happens real sneaky-like. One day you're saying to yourself "man, that guy is too old to be doing this", the next, you're saying "I can hang with these little sh*ts."

As childish as it sounds, you're probably right. Does that really affect people's buying habits? Isn't this just the strangest stuff that corporations do, or worry about? Honest, if you like Mello Yello over Dew, would any racing outcome make you wish you didn't like Mello Yello? Plus, just think how many times the Dew pilot would have to wear the Mello Yello hat and hoist the Mello Yello Trophy. Seems like that's a better image than they could hope for. Pepsi could win the World Cup, F1, NASCAR, NHRA, WRC, IndyCar, and cure cancer, but it wouldn't change my choice of colas. The only time I liked Pepsi was back when they had those tall swirled glass bottles. Been Coca-Cola for me, before (small 6OZ bottles) and ever since.

"

It's not just drag racing or even motorsports. Nascar went through it with the Sprint sponsorship.
Pro athletes in stick and ball sports have had issues as well. I recall the dream team in basketball covering logos in the Olympics as Nike athletes couldn't wear Reebok or vice-versa

Personally, I think it's silly but, If I were dumping all kinds of money into something I wouldn't want to see my competitor get TV and marketing. Especially on my dime.

Local (Tri-Cites) dealers sponsorship - NOT Ford Motor Company.

Speaking of sponsors, I was wondering watching the Q show Sat evening. With Ford dropping Force next year, are we also losing them as
title sponsor of "FORD THUNDER VALLEY NATIONALS".??? Or are they (Ford) just dropping the cars, and keeping the race??

It's not just drag racing or even motorsports. Nascar went through it with the Sprint sponsorship.
Pro athletes in stick and ball sports have had issues as well. I recall the dream team in basketball covering logos in the Olympics as Nike athletes couldn't wear Reebok or vice-versa

Personally, I think it's silly but, If I were dumping all kinds of money into something I wouldn't want to see my competitor get TV and marketing. Especially on my dime.

Silly, I agree. But, you see it in motocross, particularly Supercross, sponsored by Monster Energy. However, they're seemingly smart enough to realize they need their competitors participation to get maximum value out of their own deal. Red Bull and Rockstar have high visibility in the series with their marquis riders, frequently winning and on the podium and such.

Coincidentally, if anyone here watched the "Chad Smith vs. Will Ferrell Drum Off" on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, you'd see the same thing. Chad Smith is a Pearl Drum endorser, yet the show's bandleader, Questlove, is a Ludwig endorser. Chad Smith's set had no Pearl logo on it for this deal. So, it happens all over.

Coincidentally, if anyone here watched the "Chad Smith vs. Will Ferrell Drum Off" on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, you'd see the same thing. Chad Smith is a Pearl Drum endorser, yet the show's bandleader, Questlove, is a Ludwig endorser. Chad Smith's set had no Pearl logo on it for this deal. So, it happens all over.

Yup- that's why we have black gaffers tape :D. I've noticed the backline guys getting more creative on the TV shoots on gear that their artist doesn't endorse, but has to play on for the day... Ya ha seems to be a popular line of keyboards lately.... ;)

I can't see it being Cigarettes, if it has to do with Tobacco, it would be SKOAL.

I'd LOVE to see a modern FC livery based on this
SC0513-154215_2.jpg

Well Force said Peak was looking at him in his interview after losing. There goes our guessing

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back