Remember When Ford Was The King In Ps? (1 Viewer)

Well personally I hope Jim gets it figured out. I grew up a huge Glidden fan and would love nothing else than to see a competitive Ford again in PS. I thought we might have it with Geoffrion but that deal with Nitro Fish and Hurley kinda fell apart too soon but he was qualifying and running decent and going some rounds. Jim has spent alot of money on this deal so I hope he can atleast be competitive some what.

Remember.... remember...... my avatar says it all.....

Apart from my Dad, Bob Glidden is the person I admire most in Drag Racing.

with all the moaning everyone on here does about team summit, can you imagine if nitromater was around in the glidden days? now that was domination! team summit has nothing on glidden- yet ;)

with all the moaning everyone on here does about team summit, can you imagine if nitromater was around in the glidden days? now that was domination! team summit has nothing on glidden- yet ;)

Jeff...you hit the nail on the head! Although the current dictatorship in Glendora would have made Bob bolt on additional weight (see: PSB) so the rest of the class could catch up! I swear...we're getting more like NASCAR all the time. This is Drag Racing...first one to the end wins...period!

If your pony isn't strong enough to win the race...leave it in the barn!
:eek:

I still say John Force Racing needs a couple of ProStocks for Brittany and Courtney.

You're kidding, right?? Pro Stock is a monster to drive, much less be competitive in- look how much sweat Dunn worked up just making a pass in a car that WASN'T a rolling science project (which the 'Stangs would be..)..

Richie Stevens and Rickie Smith- it would be Top 5 before Vegas 2...

It was a nice read but I was surprised to see this statement:

"Standing in stark testimony to this is the fact that only two drivers since Glidden have qualified a Ford for an NHRA Pro Stock field."

This was referring to Scott Geoffrion and Hurley Blakeney. Robert Patrick qualified for some races... didn't he win a few rounds here and there? Vince Fourcade qualified at Vegas a couple of years ago and even had a Rd. 1 victory over WJ in Geoffrion's old Nitrofish ride.

Anyway, here's wishing some good racing luck on the Cunningham team. It'd sure be nice to see a little Blue Oval representation out there again!

You're kidding, right?? Pro Stock is a monster to drive, much less be competitive in- look how much sweat Dunn worked up just making a pass in a car that WASN'T a rolling science project (which the 'Stangs would be..)..

Richie Stevens and Rickie Smith- it would be Top 5 before Vegas 2...

Nope not kidding.. If Erica Enders can go rounds with her limited funding I'm sure the Force Family could do the same. The only real problem I have with Force entering ProStock is that he would monopolize all the new Ford parts.

But I'd still like to see a competitive FORD or 2 or 3 :D !!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back