Remember this? (1 Viewer)

Gone Dead Train

Nitro Member
I had forgotten this deal, it was 20 years ago. I was going through some old drag rags the other day and found this
gem. Clay Millican doing a burnout in front of Graceland on Elvis Presley Boulevard back in 2004.

1715694364970.png

Mike,
Of all the millions of burn outs I have seen in my 67 years around drag racing. Your grandpa was the best.
I have a 20x24 picture of him on the starting at Lions right here next to my desk.
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter🤠

I think Clays car had Elvis photo on side (U can see in photo) & that may have had something to do with the burn out. BTW, that looks like a motorcycle cop in the background.

I think Clays car had Elvis photo on side (U can see in photo) & that may have had something to do with the burn out. BTW, that looks like a motorcycle cop in the background.

Cliff,

You know it was a promotion, right? The burnout was a spontaneous decision, but they were there because Tennessee's most successful TF racer was saluting Tennessee's most successful Rock Star. The car was on display at Graceland as part of the promotion.

It's not like they just showed up on a Tuesday afternoon and unloaded without an invitation.

Alan

The photo I posted from my magazine didn't have much information, just what I posted.
104+ Proformance Additives was the sponsor for this deal.
I dug this up. Here is the back story on this fantastic photo op.

Mike,
Of all the millions of burn outs I have seen in my 67 years around drag racing. Your grandpa was the best.
I have a 20x24 picture of him on the starting at Lions right here next to my desk.
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter🤠
Thank you for the kind words about Gramps, Larry. I have a 20x30 shot of him doing a burnout at Lions hanging up in my dining room.

I saw Jungle drive this car once at OCIR. No one could do burn outs like Chi Town. :) Seem to remember the engine was off set in this car.

No that was Ron Colson.....and he didn't even use the street, he's on the sidewalk.
I saw Jungle drive this car once at OCIR. No one could do burn outs like Chi Town. :) Seem to remember the engine was off set in this car.
Mike, I think I ask you this before, was the "Chi-Town Hustler" the first flopper ever with a roof hatch, or one of the first?

Cliff, Jungle driving the "Hustler" see the article below.

1715879411968.png

AA/FC Austin & Grandpa checking something?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back