Rear ended by a funny car... (1 Viewer)

It was a terrible mistake, two guys got their cars wrecked, no one wanted this. I'm just saying folks want to through the track crew, pit crew, the starter, and the weatherman under the bus.

The fact of the matter is the DRIVER is the one that put his foot on the loud pedal before he had a clear path (period) Doesn't matter who signaled what, or who waved who, the driver is the one that is in control of the movement of the race car.

Scroll down to the third paragraph, a reporter there said the driver was well into his burnout when something went wrong.

Video: Canadian Racer Rear-Ended By A Funny Car - Dragzine

Last edited:
It was a terrible mistake, two guys got their cars wrecked, no one wanted this. I'm just saying folks want to through the track crew, pit crew, the starter, and the weatherman under the bus.

The fact of the matter is the DRIVER is the one that put his foot on the loud pedal before he had a clear path (period) Doesn't matter who signaled what, or who waved who, the driver is the one that is in control of the movement of the race car.

Scroll down to the third paragraph, a reporter there said the driver was well into his burnout when something went wrong.

Video: Canadian Racer Rear-Ended By A Funny Car - Dragzine

Driver SHOULD have known better and the crew chief had no reason to start the car OR wave him into a burn out with out a clear track ahead of him.

Car was a convertor automatic car and they are allowed to be fired in the lanes prior to the pair in front completing their run. It was totally the crew guys fault (and the driver too). Once they fired, they rolled around the corner and before the track official gave the go ahead to do the burnout the crew guy gave the go ahead with even looking down track. they guy you see in the video with the safety vest one was me (taking photos). I have one or two up at speedzonemagazine.com

Dean

I don't see why being a converter cars makes a difference? But whatever, sounds like crew error and driver inexperience. I'm sure they learned a very expensive leason.

I don't see why being a converter cars makes a difference? But whatever, sounds like crew error and driver inexperience. I'm sure they learned a very expensive leason.

I agree what difference should that make but I was told NHRA allows them to start up without having to be pointed down track and before the pair in front have run.

I guess because they actually have a neutral and not just relying on a clutch

dean

Car was a convertor automatic car and they are allowed to be fired in the lanes prior to the pair in front completing their run. It was totally the crew guys fault (and the driver too). Once they fired, they rolled around the corner and before the track official gave the go ahead to do the burnout the crew guy gave the go ahead with even looking down track. they guy you see in the video with the safety vest one was me (taking photos). I have one or two up at speedzonemagazine.com

Dean

Jeez....I guess you were there. You were right on top of it. I noticed in the video clip you hardly moved. I was figuring it was flight-fight-hide response. I guess you fight. Good clear shots of a real mess. Thanks for the post

I agree what difference should that make but I was told NHRA allows them to start up without having to be pointed down track and before the pair in front have run.

I guess because they actually have a neutral and not just relying on a clutch

dean

Is that how they handle it at the BIG SHOW? Thinking about TA/FC and Pro Mod with those combinations....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back