Reading Weather (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
Well it's gone from perfect to 40% chance of the bad stuff both Saturday & Sunday. Hopefully it improves, I swear the forecasts here in upstate NY are accurate to about a day out. I was thinking of making a run down super early Saturday morning, hopefully it stays dry.

if they have to go to monday...can you say Quickest Runs in the history of the sport in all 4 categories?...

I hope not (Saying this because I want RP to get the highlights this year with their runs on Friday night especially if Ron/Spencer win the championships, let it last a year like the Cory Mac run did thank you ;))

Selfishly, I hope Friday continues flawless (as is the forecast at this moment 7:00am Wed). That said, weather can flow in and flow out in a matter of hours up here. I'll have to decide go or no-go on my Friday round-trip by lunchtime Thursday.

Stay tuned!

This is the national weather service technical discussion for Reading as of 6:47 this morning. Saturday doesn't look too bad, but they don't paint the greatest picture for Sunday .... once it clears Monday on the other hand, wow that would be wild.

The next system ejecting out of the Pacific northwest will near
our region by Saturday into Sunday. The middle-level energy kicks a
cold front through our County Warning Area late on Saturday giving US our next
chance for showers. The flow ahead of the front is from the
southwest so once again we will have a tropical airmass in place
with ample moisture in place. Precipitable waters look to be slightly above an
inch, given the drying the column from the previous cold frontal
passage, so scattered showers are on tap.

With this front to our east by early Sunday morning a deepening middle-level
longwave trough sets up in the Great Lakes and begins to move into
our neck of the Woods by later in the weekend. This will continue
to provide enough synoptic scale lift for cloudy skies and
numerous showers through at least Monday. This will also introduce
more of a polar airmass into the region where maxtemps early next
week may be 10 degrees below normal.

I have seen much worse forecasts and the race still gets in. The latest models I have seen has the rain coming through Sat. night and through Philadelphia by early am on Sun. This will change countless times between now and this weekend. The only reason why I am tracking this is because I will be there. I think I will be packing my winter gear because this will feel nothing like the weather I am used to in Houston. Last year I about froze to death on Saturday and Sunday.

NWS
Friday- Clear in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 77F. Winds from the West at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
Friday Night
Partly cloudy with a chance of rain. Low of 54F. Winds less than 5 mph.
Saturday
Overcast in the morning, then mostly cloudy. Fog early. High of 66F. Winds from the NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy in the evening, then overcast with a chance of rain. Low of 43F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60% with rainfall amounts near 0.7 in. possible.
Sunday
Overcast with a chance of rain. Fog early. High of 54F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60% with rainfall amounts near 0.3 in. possible.

Weather Channel
Friday- Sunny High 79
Saturday- Cloudy 30% chance of showers high 64
Sunday- Cloudy 40% chance of showers high 55

Accu Weather
Friday- Sunshine mixing with clouds and pleasantly warm High 78
Saturday- Some sunshine giving way to clouds and not as warm with a shower or thunderstorm around High 66 Chance of rain 40%
Sunday- Cloudy and cooler with rain possible High 59 Chance of rain 20%

Hey: we here in the nortwest have had the driest
september on record and I don"t know if it supose to rain ever again so don"t blame rain in reading on us this time. Did I just say it wasn"t going to rain here for ever, the sun must of fried my brain.

Paul, you nailed it, it WILL change countless times between now and the weekend.

just like the quickest runs in the sport once they run on Monday.

Predict 3.6 run in TF, low mid 3.90 FC, Pro Stock Car/Motorcycle...no question new records. TAFC Manzo will probably run a 5.3 and without question win number 100.

just like the quickest runs in the sport once they run on Monday.

I still have faith on Sunday. I have seen forecasts with a higher % chance of rain then the current Reading forecast and still get the race in, plus Sunday is still 3 days away and weather patterns can and will change.

3" of rain has made them revise the schedule. Only 2 sessions for the alcohol classes when the spotlight SHOULD be on Frank Manzo. It just seems like this race is jinxed, because no matter when the try to run it, it rains.

It mystifies me why the NHRA runs the Reading event in October. There's about a 50/50 chance of getting the race in, here in Pennsylvania.

Look out for Friday night. But Sunday, even if it doesn't rain, is forecast to be cloudy and 57. Could be too cold for the nitro cars, and too humid for the Pro Stocks to set any records. They like dry air even better than they do cool air. They were running mid-6.50s in Dallas, where it was nearly 100 degrees and the track was in the mid 130s....but the humidity was in the 20s.

It mystifies me why the NHRA runs the Reading event in October. There's about a 50/50 chance of getting the race in, here in Pennsylvania.

When do you suggest they run the race? They had the race in August and September and it rained the majority of those weekend also. By no means is this weekend a washout at this point. Not all the weather models are in agreement about Sunday. The GFS model doesn't have the Low pressure forming along the front.

Look out for Friday night. But Sunday, even if it doesn't rain, is forecast to be cloudy and 57. Could be too cold for the nitro cars, and too humid for the Pro Stocks to set any records. They like dry air even better than they do cool air. They were running mid-6.50s in Dallas, where it was nearly 100 degrees and the track was in the mid 130s....but the humidity was in the 20s.

Last year on Sun and Mon it was cloudy/misting and in the mid 50's and all the cars flew (including PS and PSM).

Last night's and today's rain left the place pretty soggy- Might want to bring an extra pair of shoes and socks if you're heading to the track this weekend.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back