Racing for the chase? (1 Viewer)

knightrider

Nitro Member
Now that nhra has went to nascar's chase points system, (some what). Are they also going to pay like NASCAR:rolleyes: Jimmie Johnson got 6.2 million for winning the Nextel cup.
That being said, it should mean that All the pro champs should recieve at least a Million five, Right??

Seeing how the racing played out for all but one Pro category at the final race of the year it..it would appear they dont need to mess with the points system. Its not broken so leave the points alone. The payout...looks pretty shabby considering they are compared to NASCAR.

Just curious....did anyone catch the survey on Speed Report last night? I don't remember the percentages exactly, but the question was "as a fan, what should be done with the Chase format for next Nascar season?" a. no changes b. let more drivers into the chase c. scrap the whole format.

The results were (again not exact) a. 18% b. 30% c. 52%---

That's the nascar fans speaking--I thought that was some interesting data

Payout for Top Fuel and Funny Car champ: $400,000

Tom Compton's 2004 salary according to DRO from NHRA tax return: $452,000

EDIT: I was working from memory so I went to DRO to double-check Compton's salray. Compton's 2004 salary NOT including bonuses was $594,352. I about fell out of my chair! Dallas Gardner got $442,000, so he comes in ahead of the Fuel Champions as well. Here is the link if anyone is interested.

::: DRO ::: News & Analysis - Tax Return Indicates More Revenue, More Surplus for NHRA in 2004 - 1/20/06

Last edited:
Payout for Top Fuel and Funny Car champ: $400,000

Tom Compton's 2004 salary according to DRO from NHRA tax return: $452,000

...jeeeezzzzz..... proof you don't get what you pay for.
Strap into a monster and entertain hundreds of thousands and here's what you get...:mad:

Kinda like the music industry- Management, lawers and labels almost always make out better than the person creating the music...

Now that nhra has went to nascar's chase points system, (some what). Are they also going to pay like NASCAR:rolleyes: Jimmie Johnson got 6.2 million for winning the Nextel cup.
That being said, it should mean that All the pro champs should recieve at least a Million five, Right??
Not when you consider that the Lowes Team just spent $15 million this year to win $6.2 million.................:eek:

Are you sure that isnt Lowes spent $15 million in advertising money so Hendrick Motorsports could win $6.2 million dollars?

Lowes got advertising...Hendrick gets cash<g>

Funny Champion gets $400k....sounds pretty weak to me!

Bob

Are you sure that isnt Lowes spent $15 million in advertising money so Hendrick Motorsports could win $6.2 million dollars?

Lowes got advertising...Hendrick gets cash<g>

Funny Champion gets $400k....sounds pretty weak to me!

Bob
I'll buy that Bob, so Castrol just spent $2.5 Million or so in advertising money so John Force Racing could win $4 hundred thousand dollars!:eek:

True, the purses need to go way up in our sport, but to compare them to NASCAR doesn't float when you consider the costs of competing in each.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back