R.I.P. Harley Griffith (Evil Wicked Mean & Nasty TAFC) (1 Viewer)

srbmojo

Nitro Member
Harley Griffith of Evil Wicked Mean & Nasty TAFC (Division 7) fame passed away this morning. Harley was a great friend to many in the drag racing world. He worked many years for my family at AFT Clutches. He was 30+ years my senior, but was a true friend. I will always remember the many rounds of golf, fishing trips, Vegas runs and poker games.

You will be forever missed.

Steve Brooks

Sorry to hear that. I always loved that car, it looked too cool. It's funny, I was thinking about that car just last week. What a shame. My best to his family and friends.

Dave

Very sorry to hear this. When my family moved to Phoenix in the late '80s, they sent me a ton of pics from Firebird, and there's a few of my Dad & one of my sisters standing next to that car, it was wild looking. R.I.P. Harley

When I first started going to Pomona in '89, Harley's car was one of the Most popular cars at the Track! I have a pic somewhere...Rest in Peace my Friend!:(

Harley and Judy along with Henry Contreras and "Fingers" let me hang around their pit back in the late '80's when I was having my first TA/FC built and made me feel like family. Judy would feed just about everyone in the pits and Harley said that was a big part of the fun he had at the races.

After he quit racing, Harley and I still got together and golfed several times. I really enjoyed our time together. He and Judy had my wife and I over for dinner a few times and we really enjoyed seeing their interaction with the grandkids they love so much.

Many years ago Harley owned a gas station at the corner of Laguna Canyon Road and Pacific Coast Highway in Laguna Beach. Talk about a great location. Puming gas and servicing cars while watching people playing volleyball right on the beach near some of the most expensive real estate in the world.

Thanks for the laughs, Harley. You were one of a kind, for sure.

May God Bless him.

Randy

Very sad to hear about his passing. He was a cool cat, and I absolutly loved his car! My favorite name of any race car EVER!

Rest in Peace Harley!:cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back