Question for Larry Sutton (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Larry, I have read conflicting reports on which was the last race at The Last Race at Lions (not counting you going down the track in the outhouse). I always thought it was the T/F final. Carl Olson won & Jeb Allen was R/U, so that made him the last driver to run at Lions. I remember you guys pulling up the Tree so no one could swipe it & I thought that was it. Were any other classes run after T/F? Thanks!

Larry, I have read conflicting reports on which was the last race at The Last Race at Lions (not counting you going down the track in the outhouse). I always thought it was the T/F final. Carl Olson won & Jeb Allen was R/U, so that made him the last driver to run at Lions. I remember you guys pulling up the Tree so no one could swipe it & I thought that was it. Were any other classes run after T/F? Thanks!
Cliff,
You are correct they were the last two real cars down the track. yes I pulled the tree up then all HELL broke loose.
the fans started taking everything that was not nailed down. the last few runs the spectors were setting on the guard rail to half track.
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter

I remember the announcer telling the fans that if they didn't get off the guard rails they would stop the race. More than once I think. That was a crazy time after the final race.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back