Need Some Help Here Please. (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
Larry Sutton turned me onto this gem the other night in a phone conversation but I am to old to do this internet stuff.

Asking someone to do this please, I reached out to Cliff to no avail as of yet. Could anybody go to YouTube, punch up this and post this on this site all by itself.

The Title is.........Lions The Final Chapter, it's around 13 minutes, this video does a amazing and accurate description, accurate commentary,and a great job about Lions Drag Strips Last Drag Race.

Please someone do this for this old geezer, I so want folks to see this, it is awesome and highly emotional at least for us geezers. Thanks in advance. I needed multiple tissues when I watched this as I thought of my dad when I saw "our" seats at Lions.

TopFuel@Lions

Here's another helpful hint. If you click on YOUTUBE on the video,you'll go the the webbpage and then "Drag Racings Golden Era 60s to the 80s" (the title of the Youtube page) you'll see the other videos that are posted on the page. ;)

This was a great video. Memories..... Funny, I don't remember all the cars now (I did take some photos w/cheapie little camera). Only went Sat cuz had to work Fri. I remember Olson & Allen running the T/F final, & Goose & Snake in F/C, especially cuz Goose won. Larry Sutton raising the Tree high in the air so no one would swipe it. All the people on the track tearing up everything. I think I did walk on the starting line for a bit, looking down the track one last time. Felt kinda depressed. Arghhhh Finally went home around 3 AM, couldn't stay there all night. Man that was a bummer that Lions closed. Seem to remember that the Harbor Commission had a public meeting about closing the track, & a lot of racers went to it. I got involved in a Save Lions deal, and handed out flyers at speed shops & places like that. Can't fight city hall, as they say.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back