Prock Speaks about Leaving Force (1 Viewer)

i am not 'force' fan by any means, but remember when you walk by his pit and see him out there still doing it with a 4 car team (remembering
he was the first 2-car team), you have to respect him for all he's done without a 'family' successful business to back him up.
he's a regular PT Barnum selling his charisma over the years. through the lean years, the really good years, the years coming back
from the dallas crash, and now rebuilding......he built it, it's his money, he is the boss, along the way a few feathers will be ruffled
.........he may not say the right things all the time, but i still enjoy watching JFR evolve, even to the point of really
enjoying when john wins, now more than in years past.

Companies all the time will not let a employee stay there after he or she have given a notice. Some will not walk you out the door the time you give it and send someone to gather your stuff. Not saying it is right.

Companies all the time will not let a employee stay there after he or she have given a notice. Some will not walk you out the door the time you give it and send someone to gather your stuff. Not saying it is right.

Sometimes, yes, it's because there's sensitive data, but most often, it's simply a matter of popularity. If you are someone that employees support and view with respect, they will walk you so none of what you have to say about the company, or how you've been treated will disrupt the work environment. Pretty simple. If you can make waves, they pull your boat from the water.

I've heard this many times, but the problem is this isn't a normal company. As matter of fact I would compare it more to a NFL or NBA sports team. To me firing Jimmy Prock would be like cutting Tom Brady or firing the offensive coordinator from a Super Bowl contending team during a playoff run because the team found out either or wouldn't be returning next season. This would never happen in the NFL when a Super Bowl championship is at stake.

It was a complete dick move by John Force and he deserved to lose the championship.

I've heard this many times, but the problem is this isn't a normal company. As matter of fact I would compare it more to a NFL or NBA sports team. To me firing Jimmy Prock would be like cutting Tom Brady or firing the offensive coordinator from a Super Bowl contending team during a playoff run because the team found out either or wouldn't be returning next season. This would never happen in the NFL when a Super Bowl championship is at stake.

It was a complete dick move by John Force and he deserved to lose the championship.

Absolutely. One thing I get tired of hearing is how it was appropriate, due to the fact of proprietary information he could take with him. Are you kidding me?? Jimmy Prock has FORGOTTEN more about running these cars than many out there know, and to think there was information he was going to take with him in the final few weeks coming down to the championship that he didn't already know is absurd. I've said this before, and I'll say it again; Jimmy Prock, along with most all of the elite level CC's out there, could literally walk out the door of their current employer with absolutely nothing in their hands, and have a brand new team thundering in a VERY short amount of time just working with the information they have in their heads.

I echo Tony's remarks to a "T" (No pun intended..... ;)). He lost the championship, and he deserved it.

Sean D

Last edited:
Ever since that mess went down between Force and Coil, my interest in being a fan of JFR has dropped immensely. All of that yelling and hollering and playing the fool has worn me out, and I do think he did Coil dirty in their parting of the ways.

In the meantime, I'm going to keep cheering for Wilk, and Conrad's two floppers.

I totally agree with you

So where does that put Shoe letting Todd go BETWEEN ROUNDS at Vegas? It happens. People survive. Move on.

I would put that more on the existence of the NFLPA and the hundreds of millions of dollars in marketing surrounding the NFL teams and it's players.

Back when I worked for a couple of the big auto parts chains they both had a pretty simple rule; if you quit to move out of town or go back to school or work for Old Navy or something you'd work your 2 weeks and be on your way. But if you were quitting to go to another auto parts store it was "go ahead and go home now, you can pick up your check this afternoon". <shrug>

It was an ugly situation, but I get why JFR didn't want to keep someone that told them he was going to go work for DSR...it seems that stuff like that happens in Formula 1 all the time.

I would put that more on the existence of the NFLPA and the hundreds of millions of dollars in marketing surrounding the NFL teams and it's players.
Most certainly. More the reason you don't let your crew chief go if one always reminds everyone how important winning the championship is and how many he has won.

Am I missing something here? Force is doing just fine without him and don't see Prock doing as well as John is! I'll bet Force is saving a lot of crew chief $$$$ this year!

Am I missing something here? Force is doing just fine without him and don't see Prock doing as well as John is! I'll bet Force is saving a lot of crew chief $$$$ this year!
They both have 2 wins and are within 2 rounds of each other, I would say they are performing about the same as each other. I would say both teams are doing well, John's team with Neff overseeing everything and Jimmy's team where he is working with all new parts.

So where does that put Shoe letting Todd go BETWEEN ROUNDS at Vegas? It happens. People survive. Move on.
I know I have killed a lot of brain cells since 2013, but my memory has him packing his bags after the race. Regardless, you are right, it happens and people move on.

.................he may not say the right things all the time, but i still enjoy watching JFR evolve, even to the point of really
enjoying when john wins, now more than in years past.
I still think it's kind of cool that a guy that should be living his retirement is still out there kicking butt, still winning with a "new kid" as his crew chief. Force just needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut and let the car do the talking.

I also see your point Tony, He kind of robbed Prock of another (potential) Championship ring.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back