Pro Mods steal the show at Indy (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
NHRA must legitamize this category and give them the respect they are due. What an awesome show their 3rd qualifying session was. Pro nitro racing and pro stock is starting to look threadbare and predictable. The only thing that the Pro Mods could do to be more engaging and exciting would be an old school 2 hour, run as many times as you can qualifying session. Hats off to the red haired- blue-eyed-b*&*$d step children of the NHRA.

The morning Pro Mod session had a pretty stout crowd watching. And they really have put on a helluva show this weekend.

Pro Mod had some extra eyes on it this weekend because of Chief. No more, no less. After he ran, there were plenty of folks that exited the stands.

Sean D

have been expecting nhra.com to show results of the 1000's of extra fans that flocked to indy to see this 'chief'. i've never been more embarrassed as a fan as this bullch*t fake hype over this 2-bit racer......nhra has let the sport of drag racing be dominated by a phony redneck television show.......thank goodness bo and luke duke where not making cameos at the local drag strips in the 70's.....at least back then it was 100% all real drag racers.

Whether you're a fan or not, I think calling Justin a "2-bit racer" seems a bit harsh. Him and his buddies are kind of closer to the "real drag racers" of the '70s than you might think. At least, that's how it appeared to me this weekend, but I didn't give it as much thought as a lot of people seem to be.

I have found Pro Mod more interesting now that I learned about the class. I was at Indy this past weekend and when I was on the Pro Mod side of the track the Crow Mod pits were not all that crowded comparatively. I like the different brands styles of cars and the engine combinations are interesting.

Also, seeing how fast these cars are, I question why NHRA says the body shape of pro stocks are for safety. If you took these cars and used pro stock engine standards, pro stock would be a lot more interesting. It would also slow them down a little, might even reduce some costs.

have been expecting nhra.com to show results of the 1000's of extra fans that flocked to indy to see this 'chief'. i've never been more embarrassed as a fan as this bullch*t fake hype over this 2-bit racer......nhra has let the sport of drag racing be dominated by a phony redneck television show.......thank goodness bo and luke duke where not making cameos at the local drag strips in the 70's.....at least back then it was 100% all real drag racers.

You dont come across at all like a grumpy, bitter old man.........nah. Who knew there was a template for what real "drag racers" really is.

I myself would pay to see Bo and Luke jump the sand trap at the end of every run. Daisy towing the boys back after their run in her Jeep and uncle Jesse serving shine on the midway. Whoo hoo

hey, i wish the guy success in whatever he pursues with his drag racing. i'm just not a fan of the hoopla surrounding last weekend. if youth are attracted to organized competitive drag racing, then as odd as his presence was last weekend, i guess it's all good.

NHRA must legitamize this category and give them the respect they are due. What an awesome show their 3rd qualifying session was. Pro nitro racing and pro stock is starting to look threadbare and predictable. The only thing that the Pro Mods could do to be more engaging and exciting would be an old school 2 hour, run as many times as you can qualifying session. Hats off to the red haired- blue-eyed-b*&*$d step children of the NHRA.

Wow....you obviously didn't see Friday night qualifying then! All those 3.8 FC passes, Beckman going 333! If thats boring your not a real fan!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back