Pro Mods, are they ever televised? (1 Viewer)

Danno

Nitro Member
I never can find any info about Pro Mods on TV. Anyone have any info, either NHRA or IHRA? Thanks-Dan

I never can find any info about Pro Mods on TV. Anyone have any info, either NHRA or IHRA? Thanks-Dan

You know, thats a great question Dan...I remember seeing a few shows, back when the ESPN deal was new, but come to think of it, I am not sure that I have seen one in a long time...I would call Mike Janis at Jan-Cen Performance in Buffalo, NY for that...Obviously, he knows whats going on, and he loves to talk about racing...! Very, VERY cool guy, too... :)

i thought i read somewhere earlierthis year that there was no coverage for this year of the ams series.

i thought i read somewhere earlierthis year that there was no coverage for this year of the ams series.
Every AMS race has been televised until this year on Inside Drag Racing. IDR is still on but AMS cancelled their deal to air the races.
From the horse's mouth (so to speak) on another message board:
Registered member said:
Inside Drag Racing has not been cancelled but, like most other ESPN2 motorsports shows, it moved to another network when ESPN2 filled the majority of its schedule with NASCAR-oriented shows. IDR will be aired on The Outdoor Channel on April 1st to begin its twelfth season.

IDR planned to air the AMS series again in 2007 but it was the AMS coverage, not IDR, which was cancelled...and not by us.

Last edited:

IHRA race coverage is on the Speed Channel.

AS Tom has mentioned, AMS coverage was on Inside Drag Racing, which aired on ESPN2. IDR has been moved to The Outdoor Channel, therefore NO TV for the AMS series this season.

That is something that I have NEVER understood: I think that we (specifically, the NHRA) is missing the boat with Pro Mod. They keep the class as a "Exhibition Series" and make its existence totally dependent on having a Presenting Sponsor.

From my viewpoint, Pro Mod has so much going for it. Everybody likes to see a "musclecar that hauls butt". The racing is "hairy", as an earlier poster put it. The drivers seem like real people and ithe cars seem more like what we ALL wanted to do with our old musclecars that we owned as youngsters.

I wish that they would go ahead and make it a full class, on the level of Pro Stock. Maybe then, the corporate world would get behind it and support it adequately.

I'm probably going to get "Hollered" at for this, but didn't the IHRA broadcast split an event into TF/PM and PS/FC?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back