Pro Drivers meet with HD Partners (1 Viewer)

stanman

Nitro Member
It wasn't exactly publicized but the Pro drivers had a meeting with the head of HD Partners at the Autolites.

Some very interesting comments and info was going around. Waiting to see if it gets reported by any of the media!

It wasn't exactly publicized but the Pro drivers had a meeting with the head of HD Partners at the Autolites.

Some very interesting comments and info was going around. Waiting to see if it gets reported by any of the media!

Ahhhh, this must've been the meeting Sat. after qualifying was over. There were a sea of drivers headed to the building behind the Pedregon souvenier trailer. BTW, That was a good place to get autographs before their meeting. :D

BTW, That was a good place to get autographs before their meeting. :D

I will never understand a grown man wanting another grown man's autograph. Unless they are putting their signature on the bottom of a check, it's really meaningless.

I'd like to know which tracks specifically, Bazemore is talking about. The ones that aren't up to bringing a sponsor or CEO to. Obviously I haven't been to all the facilities, and I would be interested to know which ones he thinks aren't good enough.

I will never understand a grown man wanting another grown man's autograph. Unless they are putting their signature on the bottom of a check, it's really meaningless.....................
...........he says this with a straight face, all the while having an autographed Greek picture in his avatar!:eek:

I am still so unsure about this.....

Regardless I find it odd that some drivers said he was good and had all the right ideas but had no master plan yet. That worries me, hell all of us( ok me and a few of you others :) ) here have some great ideas. Without a plan to institute those ideas it seems hollow.

Still keeping fingers crossed that this works out good for Drag Racing

That's a pretty good piece to read. I like that they addressed the facilities part, and this line: "Parts of our sport are great, but there are parts that need attention." The part of our sport that is great is the racing itself. The show is great, the promotion of the show is one aspect can be greatly improved upon.

I will never understand a grown man wanting another grown man's autograph. Unless they are putting their signature on the bottom of a check, it's really meaningless.

I'd like to know which tracks specifically, Bazemore is talking about. The ones that aren't up to bringing a sponsor or CEO to. Obviously I haven't been to all the facilities, and I would be interested to know which ones he thinks aren't good enough.

Firebird in Phoenix immediately comes to mind, its a s@#t hole

D

...........he says this with a straight face, all the while having an autographed Greek picture in his avatar!:eek:

It looks like he was a kid when he had that taken but when was it autographed is the question! ;)

I have no problem with a grown man getting an autograph, I don't know why he has a problem with that to each his own. :rolleyes:

To each their own... autographs are a way of saying "I saw ____ ______ and he/she signed this as proof"! It also ties drivers with fans so I don't think there is any age limit on sigs...

As for the purpose of this thread, I understand you need to inform the people who have the most money tied in with this sport what will happen in the future... But when will the sportsman drivers be invited to a meeting? There is a lot of money in the alcohol classes and I don't know of them getting any info... Our turn is next I hope... Im sure PJ will be front row with a list of questions *cough* countdown *cough*...

CJ Curtsinger

I agree with your sportsman racer concerns. However do they have a dog in this fight? I understand that HD purchased only the Pro classes part of NHRA(?) I could be wrong.

I bet I can name a few, Phoenix, Memphis, E-town and Indy! Indy gets glamorized during the U.S. Nationals, but go into the Restrooms and you get a different picture!

I agree with your sportsman racer concerns. However do they have a dog in this fight? I understand that HD purchased only the Pro classes part of NHRA(?) I could be wrong.

You are not mistaken, but changes will happen to all classes... Shouldn't we have a meeting discussing our concerns for our classes? Even if just to answer questions?

For instance, some people believe that sportsnationals and the separation of pros from sportsman is the start of moving sportsman racers completely away from nation events... I don't think this is the case since manuf. midway doesn't sell to pros, they sell to sportsman... There would be too much money lost from those companies... I could be wrong though, but it would be very VERY easy for HD to quell these rumors... It would take one person to come on TV or on this site and say "This and this will happen and no, that and that will not..."

CJ Curtsinger

I bet I can name a few, Phoenix, Memphis, E-town and Indy! Indy gets glamorized during the U.S. Nationals, but go into the Restrooms and you get a different picture!

I love the track at Atlanta, but things need to be adressed... I don't there there are ample stands to compensate for the amount of fans there are... There isn't enough parking for spectators (and barely enough for racers)... Fans had to be vultures for parking spots this year...

CJ Curtsinger

To each their own... autographs are a way of saying "I saw ____ ______ and he/she signed this as proof"! It also ties drivers with fans so I don't think there is any age limit on sigs...

As for the purpose of this thread, I understand you need to inform the people who have the most money tied in with this sport what will happen in the future... But when will the sportsman drivers be invited to a meeting? There is a lot of money in the alcohol classes and I don't know of them getting any info... Our turn is next I hope... Im sure PJ will be front row with a list of questions *cough* countdown *cough*...

CJ Curtsinger

CJ it's pros only Glendora is still in charge of the sportsman classes. You might see Pro Mod become a pro class down the road.

I could sympathize with you CJ it ain't cheap to race anymore Alkie racing is sure getting pricy.

You are not mistaken, but changes will happen to all classes... Shouldn't we have a meeting discussing our concerns for our classes? Even if just to answer questions?

For instance, some people believe that sportsnationals and the separation of pros from sportsman is the start of moving sportsman racers completely away from nation events... I don't think this is the case since manuf. midway doesn't sell to pros, they sell to sportsman... There would be too much money lost from those companies... I could be wrong though, but it would be very VERY easy for HD to quell these rumors... It would take one person to come on TV or on this site and say "This and this will happen and no, that and that will not..."

CJ Curtsinger

You are right. I can remember during Indy (1980) when I was a sportsman racer (Alky). There was an NHRA/ top drivers/ owners, etc meeting of sorts and I think Bob DeVour (a Hays Clutch/ Billy Williams rep at the time) was one of the few people in attendance to address sportsman concerns. Sportsman buy a lot of stuff all across the USA.

I love the track at Atlanta, but things need to be adressed... I don't there there are ample stands to compensate for the amount of fans there are... There isn't enough parking for spectators (and barely enough for racers)... Fans had to be vultures for parking spots this year...

CJ Curtsinger

I've heard horror stories about Atlanta but haven't been there. After attending races at Vegas and Chicago, most of the tracks out there are Eye sores!:rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back