Pot Stirring 101 (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
OK maybe I am wrong but, is NHRA at it again. New sponsor (PROCARE Rx) for Pro Mod and a week later they are doing a national event. But as always no money going to a team for more cars, just fatter pockets in Glendora. Maybe I sound like a broken record but when does a team get a chance at the money???

Last edited:
I thought the same thing... You know, if they were bringing the sponsors to the teams like NeckCar does, that would be another thing. To my knowledge, that isn't happening.

Hi guy's, I'll try to play the devils advocate. The owner of Pro Care RX bought the Voodoo Pro Mod operation, and the previous owner/driver is now the driver of the team. They're a great team:cool: and are running the ADRL, and other promod circuits. Pro Care RX also sponsers part of the AMS Pro Mod series, and now they're a title sponser of a NHRA National event. This has been reported on ProModSource, Dragracing online, Competition Plus, etc. So no, the NHRA did not steal a potential sponser since the owner already has a car that he owns. I believe Mr. Burgess is expanding his business into other areas as any businessman would do, should the opportunity present itself.

They are also adding two more pro mods to the team. One of Steve Harker's daughters is rumored to be on of the drivers.

As Eric said, Roger Burgess started out by purchasing Doug Palmer's promod operation & keeping Doug on as a driver. He also has intentions for expansion of that team. They are actually participating in the NHRA/AMS series.

Also, he stepped up as sponsor of the AMS Promod shootout at Vegas...

So, just because the money doesn't go on a nitro car, doesn't mean quality teams are not getting anything out of the deal...

So, just because the money doesn't go on a nitro car, doesn't mean quality teams are not getting anything out of the deal...

I didn't say NITRO. I was talking about any team. If they are getting money out to others that is GREAT. I just think it stinks that NHRA has to get its hands in everybodies pot. Title sponsorship is not FREE and that is money that could go to more cars.

My 2 Cents

Wayne, maybe the owner did not want to sponsor any other teams and felt that a title sponsotship would give him more bang for his buck. It very well might have been him that contacted the NHRA.
SHhrt of that why slam on the NHRA in this deal. A good salesman would see someone getting involved in the sport and think to himself, maybe we should contact this company and see if he has any other interest in the sport.

Dean

Roger Burgess buys a team, plans to add more cares, and sponsors part of the AMS series. Is it that far fetched to think that maybe, just maybe, Mr. Burgess approached NHRA about a title sponsorship? I don't know what it cost to run a Pro Mod car, but I would be willing to bet that it cost WAY more that title rights to a single race. Seems like to me that NHRA and Pro Care RX deserve kudos for the deal all around.

Dean makes a very good point. A company looking for effective advertising realizes the value of sponsoring a race car. It shouldn't be such a stretch that the business also realizes the value of advertising with the sanctioning body.

I'm not quite sure of ProCare RX's business savvy but I would assume that they got to where they are by making smart decisions. IF...NHRA told them they couldn't sponsor a car without stepping up to a race sponsorship then a smart business person wouldn't do it unless it was worth it to him. It's supply and demand. Also, if that were the case why don't we have the Jaegermeister Southern Nationals or the Nitrofish Northern Nationals?

Just following Kenny Knowling's ADRL blueprint with a good return for the buck.
Kenny started with Troy Critchley's Pro Mod and went on to the AMS.
I remember when IHRA took exception to his car running the NHRA race and would not let them run IHRA.
I don't think that lasted long [ 1 year ].
The racing entities tend to bite unless fed regularly.
Like the T Shirt Wars.
I still feel Gear sales by Teams should be used exclusively to offset costs of operating a team no cuts to anyone .
That would be Track , or sanctioning body.
Everybody gets theirs out of several pockets except the guys that make it happen.
Just my 2 cents.
Yep pot stirring 101 is my middle name! LOL
Oh My God just thought of something!
What will HD think of member tracks running races not under their banner?
We narrowly avoided a collision over the ADRL races at NHRA tracks the last two years.
Two Fifty Pound Bags of Dog Food please!

Last edited:
Oh My God just thought of something!
What will HD think of member tracks running races not under their banner?
We narrowly avoided a collision over the ADRL races at NHRA tracks the last two years.
Two Fifty Pound Bags of Dog Food please!
NHRA Pro won't get any say, NHRA is still the sanctioning body and will control who is and who is not a member track. I would presume that this particular situation will not change other than NHRA Pro possibly using their clout to pressure a track to switch to NHRA. Not much different than it is now only I suspect the NHRA Pro will have more pull once they get their marketing plan in action.

Guess time will tell as Billy Meyer joined the group putting on ADRL world finals this october.

Increase that order to six 50 lb. sacks of dog food.
:)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back