Pomona...one lane track again? (1 Viewer)

DragFan2

Nitro Member
Watching the 3rd & 4th rds of qualifying tonight and 3rd round was an embarrassment. NHRA, what happened to the track prep of the left lane? Every class struggled to get down that lane, especially the nitro classes, but it affected the Pro Stock cars and bikes too. Someone took them to task and got that sorted out for the 4th round, but the fans got cheated once again, and not by oil downs this time. Hope they get it right on Sunday for both lanes or everyone on the top of the ladder will win by default, whichever lane happens to be working best. I want to see some races, not busted runs! :mad:

End of rant.

Kalitta went 3.82 @ almost 320 in the left lane in the last session....the lane is fine

Watching the 3rd & 4th rds of qualifying tonight and 3rd round was an embarrassment. NHRA, what happened to the track prep of the left lane? Every class struggled to get down that lane, especially the nitro classes, but it affected the Pro Stock cars and bikes too. Someone took them to task and got that sorted out for the 4th round, but the fans got cheated once again, and not by oil downs this time. Hope they get it right on Sunday for both lanes or everyone on the top of the ladder will win by default, whichever lane happens to be working best. I want to see some races, not busted runs! :mad:

End of rant.

Right on!! It will be the early round winner who gets that lane choice and will move on.:D

Kalitta went 3.82 @ almost 320 in the left lane in the last session....the lane is fine

That last session was great! I was ONLY referring to session 3. I almost turned the qualifying show off before the last session as I had doubts that they could fix the problem. Luckily they did, and things looked pretty even on Sunday, although it appeared the higher qualified cars still picked the right lane every time. ;)

I don't think there is a track that has both lanes the same. They pour both lanes with the same concret and asphalt but one is always better and sometime the prostocks pick the lane the fuel cars don't like. At least everone make a full pass for lane choice.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back