Pomona Ends Quickly for Sampey (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]It was a disappointing end to a disappointing season for three-time NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle champion Angelle Sampey. Angelle and her Rush Racing S&S powered V-twin qualified well at the Automobile Club of Southern California NHRA Finals at Pomona, California. But another raceday mechanical failure left Angelle glued to the starting line in round 1 of eliminations and heading home early.

qualifying round 1
3rd Angelle Sampey left lane 7.024 at 185.33 mph

qualifying round 2
3rd Angelle Sampey no time slow roller

qualifying round 3
5th Angelle Sampey left lane 7.031 at 185.49 mph

qualifying round 4
4th Angelle Sampey right lane 7.003 at 185.00 mph

eliminations round 1
(W) Craig Treble .056 7.067 at 184.52 mph
Angelle Sampey .410 broke after staging

The reunification of Angelle and six-time national champion tuner and crew chief George Bryce was one of the top drag racing stories of 2008. Her “Drive for Five” wins was meant to place her as Pro Stock Motorcycle’s winningest driver ever, and all expectations were that most of those five wins were coming this year. But it wasn’t to be, as mechanical, electrical, procedural, tuning, and rider errors rotated around one after another and kept the great-looking black, lime and yellow Buell from claiming a Wally.

“We had a lot of highs and lows this year,” said team owner Karl Klement, who proved in ’07 that he was a master at putting disparate personalities together to work as a team. “I know everybody on the team worked their very hardest and I want to thank them for trying so hard all year despite one disappointment after another. I also want to thank all of our marketing partners for being with us all year and supporting us 100% the whole way. They gave us everything it takes to win and we let them down, but they stayed behind us the whole time. We just couldn’t make it happen this year.”

NHRA POWERade season point standings
4th Angelle Sampey 2334

Ringers Gloves Pro Bike Battle point standings
7th Angelle Sampey 810

Full Throttle Pit Crew Championship point standings
6th Angelle Sampey/George Bryce 437

Attachments

• AngelleSampey.jpg
    AngelleSampey.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 625
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread