Pinks (1 Viewer)

Jer

Nitro Member
Have any of you been watching the new Pinks? I think the finish line guy needs to put the beer goggles away,lol

I haven't watched that show in months! That guy that runs the thing grates on my nerves.

Here's my take on last night! First I know that the key to the whole program is to win the car! But I had hard time with that after I saw the first race. Heads up, the red Mustang driven by the compatent female Shelia dusted the Yellow Stang. Then the next race that get some car lengths at the line and the Yellow Stang driver is celebrating going down the track! I mutter to myself at home last night, "Hey Doctor, you just had to get 4 lenghts to beat another car and your celebrating." Guess I'm a heads up guy!

I think the show is bogus.And when the average Joe watches it,they think that is what real drag racing is about.

I just like it that my advertising has been on six episodes of a national media television show for no more money out of my pocket.

Caught one Eppy last year, shut it off after fifteen minutes... ya run for pink slips, ya run what ya brung, heads up... one shot... but that would make a 3 minute show :eek:

I agree the show could use a make over. I would hire a drag racer [ Me ] and make everyone turn in resent time slips and use those to make a more even race with only rear wheel staging to a couple lengths for bargaining.
Fill time with shots of last week and next week and throw in a little tech about the cars.
Chris flagging is ok as the nod means you are ready so there is no room to bitch about loosing your ride.
Visual checking of red light sucs cause the stocker the car the more the suspension preloads causing the cars to appear to move.
Taking the flagger out takes away the aspect of street racing where the pinks idea came from.
You have to keep some aspect of street racing for the purists.
And the lame music has to go in favor of some JAN AND DEAN or Beach Boy's or near anything!

What if we had a 30 minute show! Get 16 cars! Have them talking trash. All races heads up! The cars are not on the line until the Finals. You race to the final, for the chance to take the Runner-ups ride!

What if we had a 30 minute show! Get 16 cars! Have them talking trash. All races heads up! The cars are not on the line until the Finals. You race to the final, for the chance to take the Runner-ups ride!

They already shot a pilot similar to what you just said, only it wasn't for pink slips, not sure what the winner got and dunno if it will ever air. But I watch it everyweek and go out when they film at speedworld. I am also in the process of looking for sponsors to help fund a car for the show.

Last edited:
As more original programing becomes necessary to " fill the void in new programing " a lot of niche stuff will get done.
I mean just how much does it cost to make Pinks?
Does it get any cheaper to not pay the actor's nor pay for the giveaway ?
A great Idea and without much money put up for advertising it has a pretty good number of folks who watch every week!
Good Idea to let them put up something of value like a new bike and such in Lew of the cars.
That allows them to raced full out big number cars.
I'm waiting to see Christensen flag a couple of blown Pro Mod's or something hairy and take a couple takes cause the camera blew off the tripod and the mikes over modulated ! If he had any hair it would be standing straight up after standing out in front of something blown launching at 5,000 . LOL

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back