Pinks at HRP in Baytown this weekend (1 Viewer)

Well I thought about it Kelly, but with the IHRA National Event in 2 weeks and the NHRA National here in 3 weeks and with that meaning I will be gone the whole weekend during both of those, I decided to make this weekend a wife weekend so she's still there when I come back from the 2 national events in 2 consecutive weeks. Not to mention I was at the track all day this past Sat and spent Fri and Sat all day the weekend before at the ADRL race. So I guess racing 4 out of 5 weekends aint bad eh?

A couple of guys I work with went to see Pinks when they were at Pacific Raceways last fall to film an episode. They said it was interesting and fun to watch. For ten bucks it's probably worth checking out.

I went to Ennis last year when they filmed there.

It wasn't that exciting to watch at the venue, but I do get a kick out of it on TV and a few chuckles at the guys on it.

It is difficult to hear negotiations unless you call in with your cell phone to a number, then your battery goes flat....

Worth a look tough.... once.

I was going to go . . . I recently purchased a 69 Camaro tube frame car, I needed something to play with when my wife and kids were traveling and not available to pilot the dragsters. I finally slowed down at work and decided that Pinks might be fun.

Last Monday the 1/8 th mile 5.13 gear was swapped for a 4.88. NHRA tech came out to the house and stickered the car on Tuesday. I went to the Dr. last Thursday and got a physical (yes, I'm the only one in our house without NHRA/IHRA racing licenses . . . well the dog doesn't have one either). There is a box from Jerry Bickel Race Cars sitting next to me right now. . .

Dang it, then we figured out there is an IHRA back to back divisional next weekend in San Antonio. Wife and kids will all get to see action, and Jenifer is a bit driven lately to work on being better at big end driving her top dragster.

So Pinks is on the back burner, it would have been fun to make a couple of passes and see what 16 they pick . . . I do hear you want to have a couple of cell phone batteries and have a plan that has free weekends . . .

Kelly, it would be great to meet you sometime. If you make it to the nationals, we are the last RV on the pit side of the track (about 150 feet before the finish line). I read your posts all the time, it would be great to meet you . . . I'll keep my eyes open near Capps pits!

Kelly, it would be great to meet you sometime. If you make it to the nationals, we are the last RV on the pit side of the track (about 150 feet before the finish line). I read your posts all the time, it would be great to meet you . . . I'll keep my eyes open near Capps pits!
Awww...thanks! I'll be at there Friday and Sunday. I hope to meet y'all....if you see me, flag me down and say 'hi'! Ooops....I sound like Alan! ;)

Did anyone else see the episode where he (the host) jumps on a crotch rocket and proceeds to dump it big time in front the fans and camera's? It was on last week -- could have been a rerun, I don't watch it all that much ...

Mark

Hey Kelly,

Fellow Minnesotan here... Ill be at the Houston Nationals! Can't wait to get there. Just got the tickets in the mail. Sitting in section AA row U seats 19 20 are those any good???

Are you implying I'm from Minnesota??!! :eek: Don't think so, skippy! ;)

Cool....look forward to meeting you. Yeah, those should be pretty good. Of course, it depends on where you prefer to sit. hahah.... No really, sometimes I do prefer to sit at the starting line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back