Phoenix/ Pomona (1 Viewer)

I haven't been to a track since Feb 2020, so I don't know if NHRA has changed their parking schedule any, but it will depend on if they can park the pro haulers on Tues or Wed at Pomona. The big teams should have left home with everything fresh so all they will have to service is the parts they used at the test session. A lot of it depends on when they have to be off the property at the Arizona track and when their motel reservations start in California. Some of the big teams may have taken Sunday off to go to a sports bar in Arizona to watch the super bowl. They might have serviced the car Mon and tore down and then will head to Pomona on Tue to park the haulers in stacking until they can park in the pits on Wed. Some may have just torn down and loaded up after they were done on Saturday and just hung out in Arizona until they head to Pomona on Tues and will service the car on Thursday. As warm as it is some crews may work it out so they can go spend a day at the beach. That was something a lot of us used to do at Epping NH. We had a week off between Norwalk and the Epping race so after the Monday test session at Norwalk we would head over to Epping and get some rooms at a hotel at the beach until we were scheduled to check into our regular rooms for the race.

Last edited:
I haven't been to a track since Feb 2020, so I don't know if NHRA has changed their parking schedule any, but it will depend on if they can park the pro haulers on Tues or Wed at Pomona. The big teams should have left home with everything fresh so all they will have to service is the parts they used at the test session. A lot of it depends on when they have to be off the property at the Arizona track and when their motel reservations start in California. Some of the big teams may have taken Sunday off to go to a sports bar in Arizona to watch the super bowl. They might have serviced the car Mon and tore down and then will head to Pomona on Tue to park the haulers in stacking until they can park in the pits on Wed. Some may have just torn down and loaded up after they were done on Saturday and just hung out in Arizona until they head to Pomona on Tues and will service the car on Thursday. As warm as it is some crews may work it out so they can go spend a day at the beach. That was something a lot of us used to do at Epping NH. We had a week off between Norwalk and the Epping race so after the Monday test session at Norwalk we would head over to Epping and get some rooms at a hotel at the beach until we were scheduled to check into our regular rooms for the race.
According to the schedule, they can start parking/setting up at 2pm tomorrow

Last edited:
Elite has been there since the weekend as far as I know

Well at least the rigs were there over the weekend, but there is no coverage that I saw the cars being on the track; it was a TnT opened to the public. However, there was video on Facebook of the Jegs car doing a burnout yesterday; this must have been a private track rental.

Lots of cars at the track over the weekend in preperations for the upcoming March Meet.

A buddy of mine who works on JR Todd's team posted a photo today at our local Top Golf Im guessing they will make their way to Pomona tomorrow to setup, and with how many runs they made from Thursday-Sunday they have earned a couple days off. Just like Im sure the Monday after Pomona they will have a beach day before heading to Phoenix

A buddy of mine who works on JR Todd's team posted a photo today at our local Top Golf Im guessing they will make their way to Pomona tomorrow to setup, and with how many runs they made from Thursday-Sunday they have earned a couple days off. Just like Im sure the Monday after Pomona they will have a beach day before heading to Phoenix
It won't be very good beach weather next week. Mon 61 and Tues 59. The teams will be doing things different this year though. In the past there was a week off between Pomona and Phoenix so the teams would take the haulers to the Phoenix track and park them in stacking and fly home until the next week and then they would fly back to Phoenix on Tues or Wed. But this year it is back-to-back races so they will stay out until after the Phoenix race is over.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back