PBIR Last Lap (1 Viewer)

It sounds like it's going to be another one of their lame shows, just a money grab. No nitro? I'm not going.

Big article about PBIR closing in yesterday's Palm Beach Post. After the Last Lap event the track will be rented for a few private events until they close on the property May 2nd. Plans are for 4 separate million square feet warehouses to be built on the property.

Interesting. This might be the first time I've seen local government vote AGAINST redevelopment of an existing racetrack...... and the vote was UNANIMOUS.

I'm sure all this really means is..... The developer hasn't greased the palms of the County Commissioners yet. You watch, after the "back room meetings" take place, the county commissioners will be ALL FOR redevelopment. I hope I'm wrong.

i agree brian. county probably wants turn lanes, widened hwy, stop lights, etc. for influx of commercial traffic, and the developers are gonna' pay for it/them.

there's a few good comments under the article......why isn't the facility ripe for car-condo development by south FL wealthy exotic car owners/car clubs?
is the price for the land bid up so high that the present owners have no choice but to sell? too high for NHRA to even take a look at it?

i agree brian. county probably wants turn lanes, widened hwy, stop lights, etc. for influx of commercial traffic, and the developers are gonna' pay for it/them.
Well, that too I suppose..... I was thinking more about local politicians who take cash and personal gifts in return for favors. Happens all the time.

I know for a fact that ISC wants out of the drag strip ownership business and like it or not the track is going away.

The sale of the track is a done deal, closing from what I understand is May 2nd. As I said in a previous post ISC want's out of the industry evidenced by them un-loading all of their tracks with PBIR being the last to go. Once the deal is done it's up to Portman to make the decision on what to do with the property but I'm positive that the re-zoning will pass. FYI Amazon has a monster distribution center just two miles down the road and that isn't causing any traffic problems. Money talks...

The sale of the track is a done deal, closing from what I understand is May 2nd. As I said in a previous post ISC want's out of the industry evidenced by them un-loading all of their tracks with PBIR being the last to go. Once the deal is done it's up to Portman to make the decision on what to do with the property but I'm positive that the re-zoning will pass. FYI Amazon has a monster distribution center just two miles down the road and that isn't causing any traffic problems. Money talks...
IRGSE owns PBIR

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back