Paul Lee gone from Jim Dunn Racing (1 Viewer)

Jimbo

Nitro Member
Posted by Paul Lee on Facebook:

I will not be driving for Jim Dunn Racing in 2012. There is an old saying that when one door closes another is waiting to open. Thanks to Big Jim and team for the opportunity.

The team will reportedly have more budget than in the past. The sponsor is is a new one to the sport and will be announced when they want it announced. Hopefully no one spills the beans before the said sponsor wants it announced. The new look is great.

Dean Murdoch

speedzonemagazine.net

I wish that car would actually have the ability to win more than 0-3 rounds a year.

proof that winning isnt everything ! Dunn has been sponsored every year for 2 decades yet rarely win rounds. the guy seems to have a knack for obtaining backing regardless of results !

proof that winning isnt everything ! Dunn has been sponsored every year for 2 decades yet rarely win rounds. the guy seems to have a knack for obtaining backing regardless of results !

I never argued that, he must be great at pr and making the sponsor happy with exposure, I just personally would love to see a Jim Dunn car contend for the top 10 again. We have not seen that since 2004 and not an actual top ten finish since 1999.

I have always assumed that Big Jim's asking price for a primary backer is far lower than other teams.

I have always assumed that Big Jim's asking price for a primary backer is far lower than other teams.

have to agree paul - other than advancing rounds on espn with it's .4 rating
where everybody watching is already a drag racing fan and knows the players,
jimm annually represents a sponsor at the track IMO no different than the
best funded car out there.
when tony b. drove for him i can remember quite a nice pit area; i think hospitality too with another team (may have been MLR).

best jim dunn memories are '99 us nats. win with frank p./penthouse car
and '97 big bud with kenji - loved that kenji car - hauled 'greek like' chapparel
trailer and mooneyes alcohol tank on injector during warmups.
old-school aesthetics that kicked ass :cool:

Last edited:

The Funding he has received over the past 10-15 years is Barebones to what the Big teams are pulling! A former crew member told me they got paid for travel expenses from race to race, that was it!

Wrong again there Dean, the entire AA/FC operation is for sale, no word on the the recently completed Big Show car that Todd Lesenko drove at the Pomona World Finals.

Gee wiz Darr, is this thread about AAFC (NFC) or big show cars? I think it is big show cars. Originally Plueger was building two BIG SHOW cars (one for Lesenko and one for Rajcic) which is why I said one or two (I don't know if Rajcic's ever got off the ground though). Everyone pretty well knew the NFC deal was done for 'Plueg', as he stated it numerous times.

Stay on topic;):D

Dean

Wrong again there Dean, the entire AA/FC operation is for sale, no word on the the recently completed Big Show car that Todd Lesenko drove at the Pomona World Finals.

The Big Show car he drove at Pomona was owned and tuned by Chuck Worsham. It was also run at Phoenix and Vegas.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back