Out of work (1 Viewer)

I'll tell ya, if you HAVE money, now is the time to buy certain things because prices are going down in desperation to sell. A friend of ours just bought a brand new loaded Acura for around half off the asking price.

(And Samuel, I know she could have bought a Honda for even less, but she wanted that Acura and she paid cash!) :p

Good for personal use but, I'd be careful about buying anything like that as an investment. What if values have only begun to drop?

I'm getting deals on race parts but, only buying what I plan to use. Just got what should be over $9,000 worth of stuff for $4,300.

Good for personal use but, I'd be careful about buying anything like that as an investment. What if values have only begun to drop?

I'm getting deals on race parts but, only buying what I plan to use. Just got what should be over $9,000 worth of stuff for $4,300.

Was for personal use, she always wanted an Acura or a Lexus and now was the time for her to buy.

I'm happy for her, she's very excited.

Well, after 8 years of working for the largest dealership chain in the twin cities, they very unexpectedly closed a bunch of dealerships tonight, mine being one of them. Came in, changed the locks, put signs on the doors, that's it. I really can't believe it.....This is not good.

Paul - really sorry to hear this, I know it's devastating. A suggestion - apply for all the government help you can get right away. My daughter (with two teenage kids) was downsized and wisely applied for every benefit and has received a huge amount of help. You've paid taxes for years - don't be too proud to ask for assistance. Hang in there and let us know how you are doing - Jim

:( Sorry to hear this, buddy.

Maybe JFR will hire you?
Too bad you don't know anyone there. ;)

I am truly sorry to hear this, and hope some good will happen to you soon.

We are all hearing this way too much.

I was laid off Tuesday although no severance package for me, since I was trying to get my foot in the of the door at a semiconductor manufacturer here in Arizona, so I was with a temp agency. Thankfully I can do the UI online and was accepted to recieve it, and have no credit cards or other payments that it wont cover.

My son who lives with me watched the store he works at do a huge remodel and then, before their even done, tell the employees the sales are 38 % lower than last year, and this is with a store that it was amazing they were open period, so both of us might wind up on UI soon as mgmt is warning that the store may close soon, just after they hired alot of people to do the work it takes to maintain this remodel, AND Starbucks stand.

These truley are trying times and it doesnt look like its going to get better anytime soon.

Sorry Paul but you got some excelent advice here !
I went into my favorite Chevy Dealership the other day to order some hard to find dealer Items and even the guys in the parts department were sitting around doing nothing.

They said it had been that way for awhile.

I helped them out by paying fourty bucks for a bag of screws [ 7 ea.] I only need two of.
But at least I got screwed , er my screws which replaced the ones my lame arse lost to critical TPS and IAC on the Great White.

Paul, Go diesel or luxury car. My boy has been at BMW-Porsche dealership for 8 years and is still super busy. Also the diesel industry has always been short of good techs. One of the guys my boy races with is a service manager of a Cummins dealership for long haul trucks and they are super busy.

I was like most people and thought that getting laid off only happened to other people! That was until July '00, when my Vice President walked back in our Dept. to tell us the Executive Committee decided to close our Print shop! That after 14 years, It hits you like a Ton of Bricks! You learn right then that as long as you work for someone else your never more than one foot from the street!:confused:

Really sorry to hear that, Paul. After years of feeling secure in my job, with all the stuff happening, I can't help but worry also. The economy problems are really far reaching, and as a large part of my firm's business goes to the rental market for construction use, we are bracing for a big downturn and the attendant layoffs--and we all have no idea who it will be--but we're all pretty sure no one is indispensable. Thinking the good thoughts for you and hope the bad times are short lived.

Man, what the hell is happening to this country? I've heard a couple of other guys got the boot today too. They keep saying GM and Ford are not making cars people want but most of them are getting good milage and I love the HHR, Mustang, Ford Trucks and the new camaro. Our sponsor Capitol pulled the plug on the Ford dealership a month ago but thats been an ongoing problem for them.

Paul good luck to you we all hope for the best in the new year. Please keep us informed on how things are going. Don't get down look at this as a forced opportunity to do something you always wanted to do.

Last edited:
Paul,
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, like someone said earlier "network"!!!!

Sometimes the best place to find work is in a cup of coffee and some open conversation.

Keep yer head up.

"D"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back