Orlando Night of Fire video. (1 Viewer)

Isn't this your first time at OSW? What did you think about the track? Where did you stay, Orlando or elsewhere? Will you be going to the World Series Street Nationals this weekend?
It should be quite a show with fall like weather.

Isn't this your first time at OSW? What did you think about the track? Where did you stay, Orlando or elsewhere? Will you be going to the World Series Street Nationals this weekend?
It should be quite a show with fall like weather.
This will likely be the only one I attend for a while. It reminds me of those old-school tracks from years ago. I enjoyed myself, but it's not exactly close. We rented a hotel in Orlando so we can spend the night and get some sleep before heading back home.

whatever happened to the doorslammer big money race that got all the nhra PS guys there? and PM's too? did that run 2 years? still running?

whatever happened to the doorslammer big money race that got all the nhra PS guys there? and PM's too? did that run 2 years? still running?
The last time they ran that event was the week before NHRA shut down (along with the rest of the country) becasue of Covid. It was basicaly a test and tune for the upcoming Gator Nationals that was to be held the following week. All the big name Pro Stock people was there and it was quit a show,
I also heard that the promoter, Richard Freeman, lost so much money on the event he said he wouldn't do again. Too bad, it was a great event.

The last time that happened was in 2021. Didn't run it in 2022 because the NHRA schedule would have forced the Pro Stock crowd to run Phoenix-Orlando-Gainesville 3 weeks in a row and Wes Buck didn't want to do that to them. It's sort of returning in 2023 as the World Series of Pro Mod. Gonna be the week before Gainesville still, only difference is that the Pro Stockers won't be there, the Pro Mod purse is bumped to $100,000 to win, and it's moving from Orlando to Bradenton.

pretty sure i read somewhere bradenton got hosed on hosting a div. event in '23 ...... glad they are hosting this race. wonder why it moved from orlando?
I just thought of what might be the reason it was moved fom Orlando to Brandeton. Tom Baileys Sick week, his drag and drive event, will be in Orlando the week of February 12-17 so it could be a scheduling conflict.
What are the dates for this Pro Mod race?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back