**Original 'The Snake' F/C check out pass Barrett-Jackson** (1 Viewer)

The Little Lizard

Nitro Member
Last edited:
All I GOT TO SAY IS THEY BETTER STAY HERE IN THE GOOD OLD USA , IM NOT PREJUDICE......BUT.....THAT'S AMERICAN HISTORY

Don's truck was stored in a guy we know driveway in San Fernando for more than 20 years before we convinced him to sell it. It took a while for Don to show interest to buy it too. But I'm glad it worked out.

SOLD- 2 floppers and 2 transporters- $1,000,000.00... A steal, considering the history

EDIT: Word is that they didn't hit the reserve and the package was pulled

Sorry this is a no reserve auction. they sold.

You are incorrect. A '69 L88 Vette was clearly listed as having a bidding reserve, which was lifted at $2,600,000. The auction has had years where there was no reserve, but that reportedly chased off some cars that Barrett Jackson really wanted to sell.

Last edited:
I heard B-J thought that a reserve made for bad TV. I actually feel the opposite, when you see them auctioning off a car for a ridiculous price, it is maybe more interesting that it didn't sell because the owner wanted a more ridiculous number.

B-J has moved to allowing a reserve on certain vehicles the last couple of years. They were losing out on getting some of the higher dollar cars to list.

You are incorrect. A '69 L88 Vette was clearly listed as having a bidding reserve, which was lifted at $2,600,000. The auction has had years where there was no reserve, but that reportedly chased off some cars that Barrett Jackson really wanted to sell.

Having sold 4 cars at Barret this time and six at Vegas last summer, buying six this weekend, I may know a thing or two you don't.

It's obvious you didn't know there were more than a few cars in this years auction with reserve prices. Needless to say it was a surprise to many of us.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back