OK Maters! Whos Going To Richmand! (1 Viewer)

weird,
I called visitors center in P-burg at 3:30 this afternoon... they check with a couple of towns along 460 and were told they are open.... 800-968-3595...
gonna give it a go... if i get re-routed, oh well
call me later Kelly

The reason that I asked is that if you could come in to the area from the south of the race track, from Dinwiddie, traffic seems to be somewhat better than from the north, from Petersburg/Richmond. Route 703 cuts across from 95 to 85 into Dinwiddie, then north on 1 to the track. 460 to Petersburg seems to be a more direct route if traffic is not too bad. You might want to get a good Va. map and see what you think.

Murdock.

Thanks for the heads up. We're "those people" that keep an up-to-date atlas in the car. Plus, we'll be coming south from Richmond this time.

rolling out in about 11 hours... gonna play chicken and go up the penninsula... see when ya get there... check Larry's post on the weather.... wear layers...

Later....
The Cat in the Black Hat:D

Oops. I forgot to mention that you could take I664 off of I64 east. It'll take you thru the Monitor Merrimac tunnel and puts you out at Suffolk/ Western Branch(apologies to you nephew, I know the kids from GB don't like WB). Just watch for construction at Battlefield Blvd exit.

Thanks Kelly, I was thinking about 664, but was leaning against it because of the traffic in Hampton. It turns out I will be meeting my brother in Suffolk, so 460 it is. Hopefully any detours will be cleared by the time we get there (hopefully around 10 - I'm coming from the Eastern Shore, and I'm sure it will be after 8 before we leave.)

Brett

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back