Ok It's time. Who is going to BIR??!!?? Also- "Best of" pics from last year!! (1 Viewer)

Your "race" ticket is different from your "reserved seat" ticket. As far as I know, the only way to get through the gates of BIR is with a race ticket and since the campground is on BIR property.........

Yeah, the new owner did axe the GA seating which sucks but that was just recently. I think Joe was referring to previous years.

See you next week, be sure to bring your spare liver! :D :D :D

Brian

I was just giving you a hard time... Are you coming up early with Chris? Did you get the Condo?

I'm heading in monday to make up for last year. :eek:

Cool!

Are you gonna run a throttle stop on your 4-wheeler this year..... just to be sure all 4 wheels stay on the ground? :D

There is a slight possibility that I will be there on Monday. If so, I'll make up for last year with you! :D

jealous of those heading up early next week.
can remember the years we went on tues. and sat in overflow parking
outside front gate for 2 days..........or maybe i can't remember:confused:

jealous of those heading up early next week.
can remember the years we went on tues. and sat in overflow parking
outside front gate for 2 days..........or maybe i can't remember:confused:

Some of my best memories were hanging waiting in the overflow parking for a couple days before the gates opened, or sleeping in the Tom Thumb parking lot. good times! I bet there are a few people already parked out there. :eek::D

Some of my best memories were hanging waiting in the overflow parking for a couple days before the gates opened, or sleeping in the Tom Thumb parking lot. good times! I bet there are a few people already parked out there. :eek::D

Why did you go up so early -before the gates open- was it to get a good campsite or RV spot? Where do you camp? We've gone up Friday morning past several years and gotten decent camping in the family area (easier to sleep there). Especailly since they remodeled that area last year, there was plenty of space... anticipating less attendance this year so even more space.

BTW - will the cops let you drink and drive an ATV (can in one hand steering wheel in the other)- whats their policy? (this will be my first year with an ATV)

Why did you go up so early -before the gates open- was it to get a good campsite or RV spot? Where do you camp? We've gone up Friday morning past several years and gotten decent camping in the family area (easier to sleep there). Especailly since they remodeled that area last year, there was plenty of space... anticipating less attendance this year so even more space.

BTW - will the cops let you drink and drive an ATV (can in one hand steering wheel in the other)- whats their policy? (this will be my first year with an ATV)

oh that goes WAY back to when the gate didn't open till thursday morning. before they had the reserved camping there was a power outlet on the fence line by the pits (where the snowmobile pits are now) that we always tried to get back when we used to rent an RV. You cant camp over there anymore.

Open bottle is tolerated as long as you don't do something stupid. If you do something stupid there's no warnings... They will impound your machine till sunday night and the sheriffs could throw you in the clink. just don't run into anything or do any burnouts (edit: or go to fast) and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Cool!

Are you gonna run a throttle stop on your 4-wheeler this year..... just to be sure all 4 wheels stay on the ground? :D

There is a slight possibility that I will be there on Monday. If so, I'll make up for last year with you! :D

I'm going to keep the neck brace in the saddle bags; just incase...

How much are you charging to use the Shower in the condo?! :eek:

Total beers outside BIR the entire year: 0 - Total Fri - Sat night = 24 - DO IT!
160apmh.jpg
:D

oh that goes WAY back to when the gate didn't open till thursday morning. before they had the reserved camping there was a power outlet on the fence line by the pits (where the snowmobile pits are now) that we always tried to get back when we used to rent an RV. You cant camp over there anymore.

how rite you are nate - we always camped rite up front and a couple times
years ago used that power pole.
those were the best years.........gate in fence, could be having lunch at
campsite, then 20 steps later be rite in middle of pro pits.........the day
traffic being let out in evening and the little kids would pour water for
people to burn out in......one guy would spin his tires and security would
show up, the kids would move down about 100 yards pouring water for someone
else, security would move down there and kids would come back......repeat.
this went on for over an hour every evening - it was great!!

how rite you are nate - we always camped rite up front and a couple times
years ago used that power pole.
those were the best years.........gate in fence, could be having lunch at
campsite, then 20 steps later be rite in middle of pro pits.........the day
traffic being let out in evening and the little kids would pour water for
people to burn out in......one guy would spin his tires and security would
show up, the kids would move down about 100 yards pouring water for someone
else, security would move down there and kids would come back......repeat.
this went on for over an hour every evening - it was great!!

I even remember security getting in on the fun way back in the day ('87, '88?) when they had that old grey Caprice.

I use to grab the binoculars when I was 13 or 14 and climb op on the RV and check out the girls in the pits when we camped there. remember that Paul?

You could also be half way through eating lunch, hear a car fire up, run in the pits and get your nitro snort, go 200ft back to your camper finish your sandwich, and go back and get some more nitro. I miss those days.

This is seriously like my Christmas!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back