Now I need photo help! (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Trying to attach a jpeg file - Manage Attachments parameters a are 19.5 kb and 620 x 280. I'm starting with a 3 meg file. By the time I resize or lower resolution, it is either tiny or looks like s$$$! As I've said before, I have no experience at posting images to the Web. In our business, big files are good - huge files are better - :D
Thanks to Maters help, I'm really happy with my avatar. Now I'd like to learn how to post photos. Hoping to get some interesting shots at Firebird test.
As usual, any help Maters can provide would be greatly appreciated - Jim

Jim,

Attachments hosted here on Nitromater will be very small because of the limitations you have mentioned. One suggestion would be to sign-up for a free online photo hosting service such as Photobucket.com for example. (there are many others) Once you have created your account you can upload your pictures to their site and it will give you a URL for each of your pictures you have uploaded. Then, copy the URL for the picture you are trying to post, come back to Nitromater's site, click the photo button (at the top of the text box where you type your reply here on Nitromater) and paste the URL into the pop-up photo box. The photo button looks like this ---->
insertimage.gif

You can check to see if your picture will appear properly by clicking “Preview Post”

Or, I know you have your own website, you can host your own pictures on your site and not have to sign-up for a photo hosting account. Either way, posting the pictures here would be done using the same process.

I hope this helps you. If you need more help, just let us know.

I’m looking forward to seeing your pictures from Firebird!!!!

Brian. :)

Attachments hosted here on Nitromater will be very small because of the limitations you have mentioned.
Or, I know you have your own website, you can host your own pictures on your site and not have to sign-up for a photo hosting account. Either way, posting the pictures here would be done using the same process.
I hope this helps you. If you need more help, just let us know.
I’m looking forward to seeing your pictures from Firebird!!!!

Thanks Brian!!!! I'll get with our IT genius (my partner's 17 year old son)
tomorrow. He'll probably have it done in five minutes and be laughing at me - again. This the point where I remind him (again) that he could be flipping burgers instead of making $12 bucks an hour if his Dad and I had not spent 25 years building the business - :D
The Old Dog that has trouble learning new tricks DID figure out that them tiny pictures weren't gonna work! Thanks again - watch for photos of the new press on my "Big Iron" post. After that - Firebird!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back