No cheating in my class Alan (1 Viewer)

Professor Dave

Nitro Member
I hope you weren't as dumb as the kid I caught this spring with formuli written on his hand. By the way if you got away with cheating in class, that gives you the right to run in Stock Eliminator. LOL!

Yea, them stockers allegedly cheat just a little more than the comp guys, we just can't run an auto in a stick class quite as easily,,,,,,,,

:)

Unk

Nice come back Bob.
We don't use spotters or radios either but I guess that's not illegal.
:)

Prof,

I was so dumb I had to cheat, then it turned out I was copying from a kid that was dumber than me. Like they say, "Cheaters never prosper"

Alan

Dave,
Martin, Milan, Maryland, Rockingham are on my schedule.

I'll miss Epping & Cayuga. Epping was skipped due to schedule conflict of Brainerd and Brogdon's P/S team PR commitment (obviously the date is now open, but the travel & schedules were already set once Rodger decided to put things on hold.) Cayuga is another schedule conflict, I'll be in Shreveprot for the LODRS D4 event that weekend

As far as Alan cheating, sorry I missed the initial comment, but knowing big Al as I do, I'd say that was probably best,,,,,,,,,

BTW, I understand that Alan was approached over this past weekend @ Sonoma in regards to sponsorship of his furure F/C driving career. sounded like a lucerative offer was under discussion.

Unk

Prof,

I was so dumb I had to cheat, then it turned out I was copying from a kid that was dumber than me. Like they say, "Cheaters never prosper"

Alan

I understand the concepts of "that's my story and I'm sticking to it" and "never let the truth get in the way of a good story." However, I'm not buying this bit about being dumb.

Dave,

BTW, I understand that Alan was approached over this past weekend @ Sonoma in regards to sponsorship of his furure F/C driving career. sounded like a lucerative offer was under discussion.

Unk

If that happens, he's going to have to interview himself at the top end-that ought to be interesting!

Poppa Duck,

Schedule isn't as busy as it was the beginning of the season, Brogdon's decision to put P/S on hold until he can finalize a deal opened up a few weekends, so the opportunity for mischief and troublemaking has certainly increased (or decreased depending how you look at it).
Vegas in the fall is a question mark @ this time. I've been involved with some sponsor development and negotiations that may involve Vegas as an opportunity to showcase the sport and do some entertaining, right now we're waiting on the third decision maker to agree with the first two that they need to jump into drag racing with some of their money.
When (I'm thinking positive here) this deal comes together it's certainly going to raise some eyebrows.
Sure is interesting being involved in some of these behind the scene situations, if I see you in Vegas I'll fill you in on what's been happening.
That guest room still available?

Unk

Hey Prof. Dave,

When you said "No cheating in my class" Did you mean COMP or economics 101?

Took me three days to figure out that I didn't know what class he was talking about. Told you I wasn't that bright. Good thing I finally got a driving job.....

Hey Unk, this new sponsor of yours need a Funny Car on the team? I could be just the guy. I'm really good at shaking hands and kissing babies. I might even be able to drive, we'll find out soon enough (Can't wait for the Indy test)

Alan

Unk,

Just let me know if you are coming. I am glad to see that you are still having some fun through all of this. I look forward to seeing you.

Hey Prof. Dave,

Good thing I finally got a driving job.....

Hey Unk, this new sponsor of yours need a Funny Car on the team? I could be just the guy. I'm really good at shaking hands and kissing babies. I might even be able to drive, we'll find out soon enough (Can't wait for the Indy test)

Alan

ALAN.......................ARE YOU GOING TO DRIVE OR NOT??? :D

Hey Prof. Dave,

When you said "No cheating in my class" Did you mean COMP or economics 101?

Took me three days to figure out that I didn't know what class he was talking about. Told you I wasn't that bright. Good thing I finally got a driving job.....

Alan

I meant economics classes. As for cheating in Comp, I feel the same way about cheating in comp that I feel about cheating in class, which boils down to this: Cheaters should know that if I ever catch them, then they should be very happy that there are severe penalties for homicide. And Federal privacy laws prevent me from telling you what happened to the kid whom I caught cheating last spring (hint; I doubt he'll be tempted to cheat when he is taking the class again this fall). As for my own comp car: I don't drive it and the driver is the one who suffers any penalties if cheating is discovered, so I would never put Lee Zane at risk for something that would go on in my car. Here's an example of that. Using NHRA's formula for calculating cubic inch displacement, the motor in the car is 175.49 cubic inches. NHRA allows you to round to the nearest cubic inch, which would be 175 cubic inches. We claim 176 cubic inches because I don't want to risk Lee being disqualified for what I do. That extra cubic inch means the car has to weigh 10 pounds more than it would if I wanted to push the envelope with the rules.

Good luck with the test session. Given what Don Schumacher said what he was looking for in a driver to replace Szelci, namely a character, I hope you "Zip" down the track.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back