Nitro Fish NHRA Racing News . . . (1 Viewer)

McBride third in Pro Stock Bike; Northrop Runs well in Nitro Fish Pro Stock Dodge

"Awesome" was Angie McBride's description of Friday's first two qualifying runs that put her in third in the Pro Stock Motorcycle standings as the NHRA Carolinas Nationals opened at zMAX Dragway.

McBride,riding before her family and hometown friends, recorded elapsed times of 7.023 seconds at 193.92 mph and 7.036 at 182.18 on the Nitro Fish/Carolina Speed Buell -- the position which she predicted she'd begin Sunday's eliminations.

"It was an awesome day," she said. "It's the best spot I've been in all season and we showed my family and friends what we can do. We made some tune-up changes that helped us."

She has two more quarter-mile passes Saturday before qualifying positions are set.

Matt Smith, McBride's fiance, was seventh, 7.069 at 183.49, on the Don Schumacher Racing Nitro Fish

An engine problem Friday before he made his first qualifying run wasn't the way Dave Northrop and the Nitro Fish Pro Stock Dodge Pro Stock team wanted to start the day . . . but they rebounded well.

The Dodge uncorked a 6.699-second time at 207.34 mph and delivered a sigh of relief to owner Kenny Koretsky, crew chief Eddie Guarnaccia and the crew.

"We didn't have time to really setup the car for the new motor we put in and we didn't get down the track on our first run," Northrop explained. "But we hit it good on the second one. We made improvements in the place where we've been struggling -- the times in the first 330 feet. I think that was the nicest pass we've made in the car all season."

And Guarnaccia has the all-important computer data to look for improvements in Saturday's two qualifying sessions that set the field for Sunday's eliminations.

Kyle Koretsky was eighth overall in Competition Eliminator qualifying in just his third outing in the Nitro Fish Chevy Cavalier Super Modified.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back