Nice articles about the Kalitta family in Detroit Free Press (1 Viewer)

That's a great write-up... It is interesting to see all of these stories and reports of Connie being such a cool cat.

For a different view of this "cool cat," read the April(?) issue of Hot Rod magazine and see what his old friend, Shirley Muldowney, thinks of him....

Having done that, it would be nice to hear HIS side of that story.

Thank you for the link.

If I ever write a book, I would want it to be an authorized biography of Connie. What an incredible life!

It hurts to think of what Connie must have gone through losing his only son. And the loss Scott's wife and kids must feel....

I feel the loss of Scott merely as a nitro fan from a distance. If I never met the guy in my life and it has this much impact, think of his family.....

I don't mean to be morbid, but from all I've read about Scott, he seems to have been an awesome person in all respects of what that is. He also seemed very generous and good natured. The sort of guy that most of us would want to be a friend for life kind of guy.

Connie had to lay off 75% of his work force? That is heart breaking!

-90% Jimmy

Yes, :D most certainly, "Calm, Cool and Collected" is the first thought that comes to people's minds when they think of the shy, mild-mannered, intravert, soft-spoken Conrad Kalitta! :D :rolleyes: :D.

This just made me smile, thinking about seeing the look on Scott's face a couple times in the past while at the track, when his Dad was having... let's just say a "discussion" about something with some poor soul.... and Scott's look was just classic (of course nobody was smirking there at that moment though). Everyone's all tense, and Connie's Son looks like he could care less...like rolling eyes, like ..... "are you done now?" LOL

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back