NHRA Website (1 Viewer)

DixonFan

Staff member
Administrator
Hello all,

I was thinking about adding some basic links to the mater for stuff we look at on NHRA.com website. Basically a direct link to everyday stuff we look at. There front page is a joke when going there. I am on a very high speed connection and it takes forever for all the flash stuff to load and display. So that got me to thinking of adding some basic link to get round the front page of there site. So give me some suggestions as to what links to there site that you would like to see and I will add them to the mater.

Thanks,
Shannon

I also have a broadband connection, and the NHRA site is really slow for me too. However, I don't have a quad core processor or mugumba amounts of memory, but it shouldn't matter. Websites should be designed so EVERYONE can access them. If not, then what's the use? The new NHRA website is HORRIBLE!!! The web designer is an egomaniac and just showing off, point blank....while the rest of us suffer.

As far as the question asked: "Results"

Last edited:
entry lists (especially this year,) results, events. Please & thank you very much. It's a great idea.

Last edited:
Wow, this thread made me just realize that I did not go to nhradotcom all day today!
I used to go several times a day, been going less and less since the change.

I like the idea Shannon, thanx! Add event schedule if ya can.

DragracingOnline has picked up a lot of my viewing, as has dragracecentral and Comp+.
In that order.

Wow, this thread made me just realize that I did not go to nhradotcom all day today!
I used to go several times a day, been going less and less since the change.

I like the idea Shannon, thanx! Add event schedule if ya can.

DragracingOnline has picked up a lot of my viewing, as has dragracecentral and Comp+.
In that order.

You're not the only one PF...
I do check the LRS blog about once a week now, and the audio cast. results from DRC, news from Bobby's and Scoops... and DRO several times a week...

but, I just can't get 'into it' this year... i may or may not turn on the TV this evening... doesn't help i've been sick as a dawg the last ten days.

I like Phil's Dragster Insider column also. In defense of NHRA, I just clicked on it and it came up rather quick. Either they're getting some bugs worked out or i'm the only one on it this morning!

I have add all but one of the suggestions. You can find the links in the forum homepage. I see that they have an entry list for each individual race. Is there a link that shows all of them? I haven't been able to find one. If someone could help me out there I will add it to the list.

Thanks,
Shannon

Shannon,

This may be the wrong place to post this but I will anyway....

Have you ever considered making a mobile style or skin (I get those two confused) for Nitromater? I don't know if it's the background picture with the shadow of the dragster, funny car, pros stock that causes the site to load slowly but for some reason, when I'm viewing this site on a mobile device every page seems to load slower that any other vBulletin forum..... and this is usually on wifi, not over the cell network.

It's just a thought.

Shannon,

This may be the wrong place to post this but I will anyway....

Have you ever considered making a mobile style or skin (I get those two confused) for Nitromater? I don't know if it's the background picture with the shadow of the dragster, funny car, pros stock that causes the site to load slowly but for some reason, when I'm viewing this site on a mobile device every page seems to load slower that any other vBulletin forum..... and this is usually on wifi, not over the cell network.

It's just a thought.

Hello Brian,

You can use this link to view on your pda or cell phone.
http://www.nitromater.com/archive/

Thanks,
Shannon

Go 4 it Shannon, ever since the change I don't go there anymore. Too many cute bells and whistles and congested with teeny weeny images. Most folks are not into cute magic tricks trying to impress the world with what they can do, but make it user friendly and easy to navigate............ YOU DA MAN

......hey Shannon don't laugh but I always enjoy doing the 'photo of the week puzzle'.......ya, ya, ya, I know take it easy on me Maters :D

Besides being confusing & slow, I absolutely hate those pop up audio blurbs hawking the next race. They had John Force for the Winter nats & now Kurt Johnson for the Gators. I hate pop ups and audio ones are even worse my pop up filter doesn't zap those.

Updated list of links. Even found the Event Entry List Link that I was looking for. Let me know if there is anything else?

Thanks,
Shannon

......hey Shannon don't laugh but I always enjoy doing the 'photo of the week puzzle'.......ya, ya, ya, I know take it easy on me Maters :D

No laughing mater Steve. My wife usually sleeps an hour or two later than I do on the weekends, so the puzzle is one of the things I do to pass the time until she wakes up.

Besides being confusing & slow, I absolutely hate those pop up audio blurbs hawking the next race. They had John Force for the Winter nats & now Kurt Johnson for the Gators. I hate pop ups and audio ones are even worse my pop up filter doesn't zap those.

Ditto. That site makes my head hurt... too much crap going on. I click on a link to NHRA's home page and suddenly feel like I've lost control over my life! I bail quickly. I'm not really interested in Ashley's cat anyway.

Shannon,
Before linking to nhra.com why not wait till their new web service gets their head out of their ass?

prime example (there are many)

screen grab
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm89/AWSmith1955/gatortopfuelonly.jpg

ACDelco NHRA Gatornationals Entry List

Hello Al,

If you click on the NHRA link section in the forumhome page there will be direct links to pages that have been most requested by our members. Easy way around the front page of NHRA.com to get at the information that is most wanted by our audience. Take a look. We have a better link for Event Entry's in our list of links located on the forumhome page.

Thanks,
Shannon

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back