NHRA Ticket Discount to NASCAR race at New Hampshire (1 Viewer)

mopain

Nitro Member
Just got an email from NHRA offering a 20% discount to this weekend's NASCAR race at Loudon, NH. I live about 50 miles from the track and have never been to a race where you turn left, but I may give it a try.

NHRA Loudon.jpg

Last edited:
the place used to sell out months before a race, now they are trying to fill the place with discount tickets just days before? If you go just be aware of the massive traffic after the race going south!!

Was the email from NHRA or from the venue? Going by the logo is it a Bruton Smith venue?
Unless it was a kind of exchange deal between NHRA and NASCAR.

The real race to watch is the Modifieds which always put on a first class show.

I remember a few years ago when they interviewed Ryan Newman and they asked him if he enjoyed coming to the New Hampshire race and he said he could not wait to get there because it is one of the best races of the year. He them told the interviewer he was talking about the Modified Race not the NASCAR event!!!

Needles to say NASCAR was not thrilled with his comments but they were true!! Ryan drives a Modified car whenever his schedule allows.

Watching the Modified s race is just so exciting the many people are won't go to the concessions or the rest rooms for fear they will miss the action.

I also find the cross advertising between NASCAR and the N.H.R.A. is interesting and maybe it just might help sell tickets.

Just my opinion. Jimbo

http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

I used to go to modified races at Stafford when I lived in Connecticut. Open wheeled screaming small blocks on a 1/2 mile oval...gotta love it!

I grew up and still live in Stafford. Was lucky enough to see the last few years of weekly (real, not SK) modifieds on Friday nights. I've seen a lot of modified races all over (including Martinsville, Chris), but nothing compares to seeing them at NHMS. It'll never not be the best show they have up there on the Cup weekends, and the Cup races there have gotten much better - though I haven't taken in a Cup race there (or anywhere else) since 2000. My only regret is having not gone to see the modifieds at Richmond.

Yea-their only mile. I've seen them at NHIS--GREAT show. They were running with the trucks + (name at the time) Busch norths. The Mods by far were the best show. Bumper draft? Bet you ass-down the whole straight. The front bumper is 2 rows of 1 3/4" tube--and the rear is an Aluminum I beam. 2 passes every lap!

I never quite understood the NASCAR hierarchy. By far, the quickest, and best performing vehicles they have are open-wheel modifieds, has always been that way in my mind. It would be like the NHRA making Stock Eliminator the premier class. Sure the cup cars are setup for high speeds, but the modifieds could be as well. They never really adopted a super modified class which they should, and the supers are left on their own to fumble with regional sanctioning bodies that never really get off the ground because they're not attached to any larger group of roundy-rounds. Best races I've seen televised was the Watkins Glen race (yup, left AND right turns), and the races during the Daytona 500 run-up (they had an oval course laid out where the bus stop chicane is).

Any modified race live is a good one. As exciting as any Sprint car race, or Silver Crown.

First race I saw was at the old Danbury Fairgrounds in Connecticut in the early 70's. Best time I had away from a drag strip.

I agree with all of the above comments on the Modified cars.

Every time I read or hear about NASCAR trying to figure out how to improve the racing to draw in more spectators and what changes to make to the show to make it better I keep thinking are they watching the Modifies run at New Hampshire or are they just not paying attention.

Everyone in the stands is watching because the lead can change 5 to 8 times a lap and driving the cars deeper into the corners and out breaking your competitor is what this class is all about.

Those huge tires are what makes this type of racing very popular. Just image taking the huge tires away from these cars and making them run a smaller tire and see how exciting that would be.

NASCAR the answer to how to put on a better show is steering you right in the face!!

Just my opinion. Jimbo

http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back