NHRA Schedule (1 Viewer)

cephus

Nitro Member
Somebody please tell the arrogant heads, it would be a good idea to not have
the Atlanta race same weekend as Talladega we have fans on both sides :eek: my opinion, have had many people complaining but who cares
right:rolleyes: NHRA HAS PLENTY OF MONEY AND FANS ALREADY!!!!
and absolutely no commom sense:cool:

Last edited:
maybe they are hoping that the Cup viewers will drop over and keep watching the NHRA on another channel....keep them in the race viewing mode..... but then again....lol...

that is kind of stupid.. Talladega draws a ton from the atlanta area... i got a good friend that live 5 miles form the strip and he is going to dega.. and he is a big drag race fan too....

shame...

Billy

And I have friends who are doing just the opposite. They live in AL and normally go to the dega race but will skip it for the southerns.:D It just comes down to what is more important to them,NHRA comes close once a year and NASCAR twice.;)

Last edited:
the same people that thought that up are the same boneheads to change englishtown from record setting early may to the hot summer of late june so when i go on saturday i can see nothing but tire smoke. and also 86ing 1 of the chicago races- another record setting event. and cris crossing from coast to coast for no reason . the schedule makers have thier heads up thier you know whats. :D

I agree Jeff...dead-heading all the way to Vegas only to come back to Atlanta is crazy. Too much time and cost involved. I'd suggest they start the season with the three Southwest races then begin moving east. Teams can then leave their transporters (i.e. Gregg Enders) out there and fly back to work on motors or other business concerns.

Someone in Glendora forgot it takes 24 hours of driving (each way) and that fuel costs are at all time highs. But then again, the windows in the ivory tower may only be one-way glass...:rolleyes:

Jeff, I agree we haven't had a good race at Englishtown since 2003, the last year it was in May. At least the past few years we would have Maple Grove to fall back on, as far as quick times and comfortable conditions go, now we don't even have that. If you live in the northeast and want to see a race with record runs and be comfortable you need to board a plane.

Somebody please tell the arrogant heads, it would be a good idea to not have
the Atlanta race same weekend as Talladega we have fans on both sides :eek: my opinion, have had many people complaining but who cares
right:rolleyes: NHRA HAS PLENTY OF MONEY AND FANS ALREADY!!!!
and absolutely no commom sense:cool:

Guy, do you really think Commerce' attendance will suffer at all because of Talledega?? My ticket rep. from Vegas told me they see very little if any cross-over in ticket sales between the Nascar race and the Drags, Maybe 2-3% Tops! Nascar and Drag racing are two different worlds, how many Nascar shirts/hats do you see at a Dragrace? Very few.:rolleyes:

Don't think it will suffer i was merely wanting to increase fan attendance and revenue for drag racing teams and vendors;) what other roundie round and
straight line show is so close in terms of distance of the two venues? thinking
of the extra fans we would have in attendance, for instance i would be at
Talladega if not for the show in Hot Lanta;) i think we have more cross over
fans than we realize:D

The Original Bama Boy

I see enough NASCAR shirts at National Events to know that there is some cross-over. I will be in Talladega this weekend wearing my Bernstein shirts to try to balance it out some. Some of us like a variety. I'll be at the INDY 500 too. It's nice having a month between Baytown-Talladega-INDY. See some of you in Memphis or Dallas in the fall.

Guy, do you really think Commerce' attendance will suffer at all because of Talledega?? My ticket rep. from Vegas told me they see very little if any cross-over in ticket sales between the Nascar race and the Drags, Maybe 2-3% Tops! Nascar and Drag racing are two different worlds, how many Nascar shirts/hats do you see at a Dragrace? Very few.:rolleyes:

There is a WORLD of difference in the makeup of the race crowd between Vegas and Alabama. I thinl there would be a lots more cross over in the Atlanta/Talledega situation.:D

At least the past few years we would have Maple Grove to fall back on, as far as quick times and comfortable conditions go, now we don't even have that.

I go to E Town and Maple Grove every year... as I understood it.. they (NHRA) changed E Town date because of the rain outs... (I have to admit I think it did rain almost every yr at E Town.. when they raced in May .. Yes its slower now, I used to live for the Fri night Pro Stock qualifying ... every yr they'd set a record..

Now as for MG ? What has changed there, its still run at the same time of the yr.. and they still run great #s there.. I remember back when there was 9/11 they postponed Maple Grove race for 2 weeks.. and it was COLD when they raced.. but it was FAST :)

I can't fault nhra on this one, when planning an event I wouldn't think to check on what was happening in the NEXT STATE over. I can see not rolling into town if some other big event is happening in that same town but this seems fine. Nasbore runs a ton more races I would think we're in the same region more than this one time per year

Don't think it will suffer i was merely wanting to increase fan attendance and revenue for drag racing teams and vendors;) what other roundie round and
straight line show is so close in terms of distance of the two venues? thinking
of the extra fans we would have in attendance, for instance i would be at
Talladega if not for the show in Hot Lanta;) i think we have more cross over
fans than we realize:D

The Original Bama Boy

As a fan of a LOT of Motorsports, I don't even mention the Drags to my Roundy-round buddies anymore. Most have told me they wouldn't waste $$$ going to a dragrace, or the Famous excuse "Anyone can drive in a straight line!"

And then I couldn't count how many times I have mentioned going out of town to a race to a co-worker or a friend and the First thing they say is "Your going to the Nascar race?":confused:

Last edited:
I go to E Town and Maple Grove every year... as I understood it.. they (NHRA) changed E Town date because of the rain outs... (I have to admit I think it did rain almost every yr at E Town.. when they raced in May .. Yes its slower now, I used to live for the Fri night Pro Stock qualifying ... every yr they'd set a record..

Now as for MG ? What has changed there, its still run at the same time of the yr.. and they still run great #s there.. I remember back when there was 9/11 they postponed Maple Grove race for 2 weeks.. and it was COLD when they raced.. but it was FAST :)

Maple Grove has been moved to mid August. Typically, that time of the year it is hot and humid. The average high in August is in the mid 80's.

I see enough NASCAR shirts at National Events to know that there is some cross-over. I will be in Talladega this weekend wearing my Bernstein shirts to try to balance it out some. Some of us like a variety.
LMAO about the Bernstein shirt! And I agree with you about the cross-over and variety. Most of my friends and acquaintences who are big racing fans like both NHRA and NASCAR. They're just bigger NHRA fans.

how many Nascar shirts/hats do you see at a Dragrace? Very few.:rolleyes:
Joe, you're looking at this all the wrong way. You should know by now that NHRA fans show their loyalty by sporting their favorite driver's T-shirt or ballcap. NASCAR fans show their loyalty by shaving their favorite driver's number from the hair on their backs, etc. :eek: :D

nascarfan.jpg

I can't fault nhra on this one, when planning an event I wouldn't think to check on what was happening in the NEXT STATE over. I can see not rolling into town if some other big event is happening in that same town but this seems fine. Nasbore runs a ton more races I would think we're in the same region more than this one time per year

but Talladega is less than a 2 hr drive to the Metro ATL area. They can't be that oblivious

Commerce, Ga. is nowhere close to the Atlanta metropolitan area nor is it anywhere close to I-20. The "Atlanta" race probably draws as many spectators from the Carolinas as it does from Atlanta - and it's closer to South Carolina than it is to Atlanta.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back