NHRA press releases run thru an AI chatbot (1 Viewer)

NHRAMike

Nitro Member
I get my news links off the MSN homepage after signing out of my Hotmail account. So over the last two days, I saw links to stories about the U.S. nationals, and decided to give them a read. What I ended up getting was the story that the NHRA sends out as a press release. Except these must have been run thru a really bad AI chatbot, because the errors contained in these stories weren't written out of lack of knowledge of drag racing. Instead, the errors were a result of key words that got replace by a similar word. Here is the first few paragraphs from Monday's results:

Antron Brown and Ron Capps swept the 69th annual Dodge Energy Brokers NHRA U.S. Nationals for the second straight yr, successful in High Gasoline and Humorous Automobile, respectively, on Sunday at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park.
Matt Hartford (Professional Inventory) and Matt Smith (Professional Inventory Bike) additionally gained the fifteenth of 21 races in the course of the 2023 NHRA Tenting World Drag Racing Sequence season. Smith gained for the second straight yr as effectively, because the three standouts gained the world’s largest race in back-to-back seasons.
Brown, who certified within the No. 15 spot, went 3.779s at 328.54 mph in his 11,000-horsepower Matco Instruments/Toyota dragster to defeat Steve Torrence within the remaining spherical, successful his second straight race this season and the 74th in his profession. He beat Brittany Power, Clay Millican and factors chief Justin Ashley to succeed in the finals earlier than driving previous Torrence.
Simply attending to that time was an enormous problem, as Brown and his group struggled all through qualifying. However the group persevered within the remaining qualifying session simply to make the sphere after which took full benefit on Monday to get one other unbelievable Indy win.

Here is the same story that appears at Racer magazine's website:
Antron Brown and Ron Capps swept the 69th annual Dodge Power Brokers NHRA U.S. Nationals for the second straight year, winning in Top Fuel and Funny Car, respectively, on Sunday at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park.
Matt Hartford (Pro Stock) and Matt Smith (Pro Stock Motorcycle) also won the 15th of 21 races during the 2023 NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series season. Smith won for the second straight year as well, as the three standouts won the world’s biggest race in back-to-back seasons.
Brown, who qualified in the No. 15 spot, went 3.779s at 328.54 mph in his 11,000-horsepower Matco Tools/Toyota dragster to defeat Steve Torrence in the final round, winning his second straight race this season and the 74th in his career. He beat Brittany Force, Clay Millican and points leader Justin Ashley to reach the finals before driving past Torrence.

If anyone is looking for a few cheap laughs, and wants to give away a few minutes of their lives they'll never get back, here's the links to the stories:
Monday - https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...&cvid=a2a2b2eba4ed463abe86eda322d29dc9&ei=195
Sunday - https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...1&cvid=6469a29997e347a080cb7533d4fbf8e0&ei=16

That is disgusting.
While humorous, it reminds me of an expression a former boss used to use, "Give it the attention it deserves" Doesn't NHRA (Or, maybe, MSN) deserve a 2 minute edit/review by a human being?
It was a great near-week of competition - pity it didn't deserve a human edit.

I’d like to see what it makes of Competition Eliminator, Top Sportsman, Super Gas and Super Comp…Alky Dragster might be a good one to throw at it too. Fuel Altered? haha, it would never get that one right.

I think it was back at the 2012 London Olympics when a Christian news website changed US Olympic sprinter Tyson Gay's name to Tyson Homosexual.

They ran headlines such as "Homosexual wins 100-meter sprint"

I think it was back at the 2012 London Olympics when a Christian news website changed US Olympic sprinter Tyson Gay's name to Tyson Homosexual.

They ran headlines such as "Homosexual wins 100-meter sprint"
Tyson Gay was an awesome track star while at the University of Arkansas. I saw him run several times while I still lived in northwest Arkansas.

I’d like to see what it makes of Competition Eliminator, Top Sportsman, Super Gas and Super Comp…Alky Dragster might be a good one to throw at it too. Fuel Altered? haha, it would never get that one right.
Competition Eliminator would be Rivalry Executioner. Top Sportsman would be Pinnacle Huntsmen. Super gas-Excellent Petrol. Super Comp-Excellent Costless. Of course Top Alchohol funny car would be Summit Liqour Humorous Vehicle. I can wait to hear AR call them to the lanes.

Competition Eliminator would be Rivalry Executioner. Top Sportsman would be Pinnacle Huntsmen. Super gas-Excellent Petrol. Super Comp-Excellent Costless. Of course Top Alchohol funny car would be Summit Liqour Humorous Vehicle. I can wait to hear AR call them to the lanes.
HAHA! Priceless. yeah, I think Alan should take note here! :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back