New restraints on TF cars (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
I noted in Epping yesterday that there are now restraints that wrap around the back of the cylinder heads to protect the fuel feed going into the cylinder heads. Was told by a guy on Torrence's team that thesea re new for 2015, but I can't find any mention of of it in the 2015 rule book addendum. Also, DSR is using a new manufacturer for the blower restraint system. It is not a TAK or Taylor Motorsports restraint.

Tony's car had a chunk taken out of the top of the cockpit shield from his blower belt....Mike Dunn revisited that it was developed after Darrell Russell's accident (for the audience who may not know)....sounds like some more work is needed in that area....

are you talking about the dog bone shaped blanket that the fuel rail lines go through?
if so not new just being used by more cars, started using one on Scott Palmers car about 3 years ago when I was over there.

are you talking about the dog bone shaped blanket that the fuel rail lines go through?
if so not new just being used by more cars, started using one on Scott Palmers car about 3 years ago when I was over there.

Yes, that is what I am talking about. I was told it is now mandated. Which is odd because it wasn't in the 2015 addendum to the rules. At least not that I saw.

Yeah its not new and yes I believe it is a rule now but I don't know of anyone who has not been using them for sometime now we have been using them for 3-4 years

The area affected on Shoe's car was the carbon canopy "spoiler" the non- canopy cars made them put on claiming an aerodynamic advantage from the canopy.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back