New Fuel FC Team (1 Viewer)

Bryan Walton

Nitro Member
I was recently at the event in Las Vegas. It was the PSCA and junior dragster event. There was a Fuel FC testing/licensing there. Does anyone know anything about this new car? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I was recently at the event in Las Vegas. It was the PSCA and junior dragster event. There was a Fuel FC testing/licensing there. Does anyone know anything about this new car? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bryan, thats not much to go on. Was there a sponsor name on the body or anything to give us a clue? What body type did it have? Did it look like a current Funny Car? Give us a little help. Otherwise, the exact person who owned the car might be the only one who could answer your question.

Body was a early Firebird (1999-2000) with only some small sponsor decals. The chassis and drivetrain seemed current though. They ran a 5.19 @ 297 and it was hot down there. 95-105 degrees. I was there but did not get a chance to talk to them. I realize this is not much info, but I was hoping someone might know a little. Thanks again.

There's a beautiful Plymouth Satelitte nitro nostalgia funny car driven by Craig Michael that has tested at Vegas recently. Nitro nostalgia funny cars test with the PSCA at California Dragway too.

was this the car?
asorokin.jpg

Was it this car?:

1488.jpg

That's Jeff Diehl, they've run an IHRA event this year, not sure about NHRA, they are based out of California.

Hi Bryan and all. Here is the info from Draglist on the car in question. bp

Steve Mackyn from Bountiful, Utah USA (Lic: 763) 2006 - Category: FUELFC, Type: CN, Class: AA/FC, Div: 7
"Ultimate Gear" Owned by Steve Macklyn from Bountiful, Utah USA Crew Chief: Steve Macklyn
'02 Pontiac Firebird by an Unknown chassis builder | Powered by a 500 cubic inch KB with direct drive
1/4 Mile ET: 5.190 at Las Vegas | 1/4 Mile MPH: 297.12 at Las Vegas
1/8 Mile ET: Unknown at Unknown | 1/8 Mile MPH: Unknown at Unknown
For FUELFC in 2006 the Avg ET is 5.1183, Avg MPH is 291.020. This entry: ET is 1.01401252 times Avg; MPH is 1.02096076 times Avg
Entry's 2006 FUELFC Performance (0 to 100): ET Rating is 48.60, MPH Rating is 57.35

The car is the ex- Steve Plueger owned Firebird that Dale Pulde drove. I believe Terry Manzer & the Strasburg's have been helping out. Maybe we'll see Steve in Vegas for the Nationals.

HE drove monster trucks, and took a stint with us in the CIFCA funny-car circuit. Glad to see things are working well for him. That 5.19 aint a bad run at all.

WOW cool , I hope Steve lights them up at a track near me !
Thanks Bill for the lowdown. Your the man
!

You're welcome, but we get our info from a variety of volunteer sources. If you see a cool car out there (anyone), please come up to draglist, search to see if we have it, and if not, add it! Thanks. bp

Thanks for the Interest

Bryan,

I apologize for not responding sooner to your questions about our new team. We were actually finishing up my licensing runs in Las Vegas on that weekend. We did make 5 runs and met the requirements of the NHRA to have two full runs at 5.50 and 270 or better. We had previously made the required 2 short and 2 itermediate runs at Rocky Mountain Raceway in our home town of Salt Lake City, Utah.

I purchased the car from Steve Plueger. It was his car and was last driven by Dale Pulde. I can not thank Steve Plueger and Paul Trabue for the assistance they have given me in getting this new program off the ground. Steve builds an incredible car an it sure made my initial runs very comfortable.

My crew is as with a lot of small teams, friends who devote a great deal of time to make the dream come true. They are all volunteers and most of them have mutliple years experience working on a fuel team. I am incredibly lucky to have all of them :) . Jerry Ostler, Kim Brown, Tim Kranendonk, Chris Brown, Matt Moulder, Cody Walk, Tim Oniu, Ken Cox, Bridgette Ostler, KC Ostler, Austin Ostler, Mark and Ryan Macklyn, Amber Ivie. Terry Manzer was helping us in Vegas with the licensing runs as well.

Our future plans are a little up in the air right now. As always, money is a huge deciding factor. I am working on a few deals, but nothing is definite right now. Local Utah companies have helped us to this point - Megevap Portable Coolers, Praxair, Snap-On/R&L Tools, Screen Scapes. I would also like to thank the Strasburg Family for all of their help. I seriously could not have done it without them.

We will be attending 2-3 IHRA events and 2-3 match races in 2007. If funds are available, we will expand our schedule.

Thanks again for the interest and if you have any other questions, let me know.

IHRA events

We are looking at the San Antonio event and the events in Canada, and the two in Michigan. In a holding pattern now until the schedule for 2007 comes out.

Thanks for the support.

Steve

Attachments

• fc.jpg
    fc.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 56
Damnit Jim(Steve)! Great to hear you got it done. I suppose now that you are a full fledged liscenced swinging ---- seedan driver, you surely wont want to work with any of us lowlife bottomfeeding dragster guys. Seriously CONGRATS! See you in Vegas in about a month.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back