New Ford pro stock teams and testing? (1 Viewer)

scaryfordman

Nitro Member
I know that Larry Morgan and Jim Cunningham did some testing in Florida, but don't know much about the outcome. Does anyone know about Robert Patrick and any other Ford PS teams? This thing is being hushed or something. The PS showdown in Vegas is in about a month.
ANYONE have ANY info?

I know that Larry Morgan and Jim Cunningham did some testing in Florida, but don't know much about the outcome. Does anyone know about Robert Patrick and any other Ford PS teams? This thing is being hushed or something. The PS showdown in Vegas is in about a month.
ANYONE have ANY info?

Wasnt Morgan running 6.6's? Dont k now about Cunningham but they were like .2 back the whole year and Morgan comes out 1st day and runs 6.6's??

Wasnt Morgan running 6.6's? Dont k now about Cunningham but they were like .2 back the whole year and Morgan comes out 1st day and runs 6.6's??

Word on another site has Morgan running good, but suffered a rumored engine failure. I am sure he will get it ironed out.

Keep in mind, Cunningham has never run within .2 of the leaders, and Morgan has even admitted the version of the Ford stuff he is using, is real close to his old Mopar stuff. I am not surprised.

Keep in mind, Cunningham has never run within .2 of the leaders, and Morgan has even admitted the version of the Ford stuff he is using, is real close to his old Mopar stuff. I am not surprised.

Well i hope cunningham gets the good parts then otherwisw why bother?

Absolutely, Paul. Nobody should be surprised when the Fords come out in Pomona and are running really close to what Morgan's Mopar stuff did.

Sean D

In his farewell speach, Brian Wolfe mentioned that there will be five full time Ford Pro Stock teams in 2010. We know about Morgan, Cunningham and Patrick, anyone know who the other two might be? Are any of the other big teams contemplating a switch to the blue oval?

I wonder if Cunningham will purchase engines from Morgan's shop or build them with his own resources? Cunningham was instrumental in getting Ford back into the mix, it would be nice to see him field a competitive car this year. Like her or not, Enders is a pretty decent driver, it would be fun to see her mixing it up with the big boys again.

For the first time in many years, I'm thinking that Pro Stock might bear watching this year. It will be nice to see something other than the cookie cutter Mopar and GM cars competing. The old inter-company rivalries were intense and added a lot to the mystique of Pro Stock. I grew up in the era where every major manufacturer, even AMC, had a car running, and it was awesome. Plymouth, Dodge, Ford, Chevy, Pontiac, Mercury, AMC. OK, some of it was the old Factory Experimental class, but it was some good stuff, and provided some great racing back in the day.

Is it 5 in NHRA? Or IHRA too? FWIW, this is from december

Fast-forward a few months, GM's involvement is shrinking and Mopar is pulling back some money as well. That definitely opens the door for Ford to make a move as the GM and Mopar contingents are stagnant. Cunningham had his Pro Stocker on display at the PRI Show with a sleek new front-end, making it a 2010 Mustang. He also announced that a second car is being built and if the budget allows it, the car will be run at NHRA events. He has tapped Erica Enders to pilot the second 2010 Mustang GT.

So maybe Cunningham is going to field two...?

BTW, :)
YouTube - 2010 Ford Racing Pro Stock Mustang 2

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back