New driver takes the wheel of InstiGator Funny Car at IHRA Northern Nationals (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]ELKHART, Ind. (July 28, 2009) -- Austin "Coil" Lambright will make his second start this weekend behind the wheel of the Hoosier Thunder Motorsports Alcohol Funny Car know as the Amalie Oil InstiGator. It will be Lambright's first professional appearance at a national event. The IHRA Northern Nationals begin this weekend at the U.S. 131 Motorsports Park in Martin Michigan.

"Austin has worked extremely hard to earn this opportunity," team owner Terry McMillen said from his Indiana race shop. "He came up through the junior ranks and was very competitive at the sportsman level. He's been with our team for three years now, I'm excited to see how he does."

Lambright will pull double duty this weekend. He'll drive the team Funny Car and continue his duties on McMillen's Amalie Oil / Wolverine Boots and Apparel Top Fuel Dragster. While Lambright is just 22-years-old, he already has 12 years of drag racing experience. "I'm really thankful for Rhonda and Terry McMillen's support," Lambright said. "This is a great opportunity and I want to make the most of it." Woodland Park has been a proud sponsor of Lambright's racing career and will continue with him at this weekend's national event.

"Woodland Park has been on every car I've driven down the track," Lambright said. "They've always answered the call, I can't thank them enough."

Woodland Park manufactures high quality recreational park trailers or Park Models. The Middlebury Indiana company, owned by Ernie Yoder, has always concentrated on quality - not quantity.

While Lambright pulled double-duty last season at Martin, wrenching on the Alcohol Funny Car and the Top Fuel Dragster, he doesn't see it as an obstacle. "There was a lot on my shoulders last year," he said. "The only difference this season is that I'll be in the driver's seat. I just need to stay consistent and hit my marks. We had some very successful test sessions. We're eager to see what we can run in the Amalie Oil InstiGator. Terry has provided me with a competitive car and crew, so it's all on my shoulders."

Hoosier Thunder Motorsports partners with high-quality and high-performance companies like: Amalie Oil, Jet Label & Tape, Auto Meter, Mahle Clevite, Perfect Circle, Flatout Gaskets, Impact Racing, NGK Spark Plugs, MSD, ieGraphics, Global Power Systems, Paradise RV & Coach, Ringers Gloves and Wolverine Boots and Apparel.

To learn more about Hoosier Thunder Motorsports, visit Terry McMillen's Hoosier Thunder Motorsports.

Car Photo © Amelio Rodriguez

ABOUT AMALIE OIL
Founded in 1903 in Franklin, Pennsylvania, Amalie Oil Company was one of the original "Pennsylvania Crude" oil companies. Today, Amalie blends and packages almost 200 different products. Amalie continues over 100 years of excellence with a full line of Automotive, Fleet, Industrial, and Specialty lubricants, that, since 1903, truly are Better than they have to be!

ABOUT WOLVERINE BOOTS AND APPAREL
The Wolverine brand is part of the Wolverine Footwear Group, a division of Wolverine World Wide, Inc, a manufacturer and marketer of branded and licensed footwear, apparel and performance leathers. Wolverine brand offers a wide range of footwear, apparel and gear in the work, outdoor sport and rugged casual categories. Patented footwear technology systems for guaranteed comfort and performance include Wolverine MultiShox®, Wolverine DuraShocks®, Wolverine Compressor®, Wolverine DuraShocks® SR, Wolverine and the Wolverine Contour Welt®.

Attachments

• coil-osceola.jpg
    coil-osceola.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 16
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back