New driver for Cunningham's Ford team? (1 Viewer)

Jeff

Nitro Member
The last paragraph of this article

ROY HILL IS A BUSY MAN

Says:

"Jim Cunningham from up near Washington, D.C., he called me about training a girl to go in his car along with Bob Glidden,” Hill says.

Anybody heard whether this would represent a third car or a replacement driver?

The last paragraph of this article

ROY HILL IS A BUSY MAN

Says:

"Jim Cunningham from up near Washington, D.C., he called me about training a girl to go in his car along with Bob Glidden,” Hill says.

Anybody heard whether this would represent a third car or a replacement driver?

I met Roy earlier this year at the Night Of Thrills at E-Town where he has his stocker, but couldn't make his run because something broke while staging.

I read on another site that Erica is out. So, the new girl will be replacing her. With Bob not being able to get his license back, I would assume Jim would go back in the other car. If I were him I'd be on the phone with Billy.

With Bob not being able to get his license back, I would assume Jim would go back in the other car. If I were him I'd be on the phone with Billy.

Where did you read/hear about Bob G. not getting his license back? Is that a known fact or speculation. I hope Bob is okay and makes a full recovery.

Where did you read/hear about Bob G. not getting his license back? Is that a known fact or speculation. I hope Bob is okay and makes a full recovery.

Iffen I recall, you need to pass a 3rd class aviation medical examination to get your competition license. Since Bob suffered seizures, I'm assuming that effectively negates his medical.

Here, in the "ear, nose, throat and equilibrium" section of the third class requirements, go down to section "C": "(c) No disease or condition manifested by, or that may reasonably be expected to be manifested by, vertigo or a disturbance of equilibrium."

Now, I'm a big fan of Bob, and this sucks big time. But the seizures he suffered after his fall are probably going to keep him out of the driver's seat for a while.

Here in Minnesota, if you suffer a seizure for ANY REASON, you lose your license for one year, and only get it back when you can demonstrate you've not had another one in that year. I know this because my eldest son suffered a seizure 4 years ago due to a condition called Arterial Venous Malformation in blood vessels on his brain that caused him to have one. He was a passenger for one year. Drove him nuts......

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back