New A/FC (1 Viewer)

Hey guys, I want to thank everyone who wished me luck this past weekend! And it was great to meet you Chris Davis! All I can say is, Indy is a marathon, and fielding a car is a whole lot different than hanging out in the Top Eliminator Club all weekend, LOL. Looking back, I have to ask myself if it really happened, it's kind of surreal. That may sound a bit dramatic, but for me, who has been coming to Indy since my dad ran A/A when I was a little kid, it was just an awesome experience. And to have Tommy Johnson Jr shaking this thing down so I can eventually start making hits, is just a blessing. Not sure if many of you know who Anthony Dicero is, but he's my crew chief and the one who put this car together for me. Anthony has licensed over 30 A/FD drivers, including the Greek's granddaughter, Krista Baldwin, who was a huge help all weekend long.
To wrap this up, and to address Randy's post, we will certainly figure out the combo. We went 5.73 dropping holes pretty much from half track on. We just need to figure out what it wants from that point to the stripe. BTW, that was our 2nd run to the finish line, and less than 10 hits overall! I believe we'll see more A/Fuel cars in TAFC next year. Bartone has one almost done, although I think they're going to test it and not commit to switching anytime soon. My goal is to attract new blood, not to get blower guys to convert. Finally, thank you Ray Ghio Jr. for the encouragement, and I'll be sending prayers your way as you fight the fight!
It was nice to meet you as well. I ventured down to the Alky pits on Saturday morning but didn’t want to bother you. I wish they would have pitted you closer to the pros. In the heat it is a long journey. Lol. I was impressed with your operation. You have a good looking car and you made progress. Hopefully you didn’t hurt too much this weekend. Hope to catch up with you in the future.

Mick just went 5.45!! 3.59 at 217 to the 1/8. “Only” 251 mph at the stripe. It’s gonna go 30’s once they get the back half worked out.
It wouldn’t surprise me if NHRA makes some changes to slow down the combo in the near future.

I noticed a trend....Steele's car is comparatively soft at the hit; charges like crazy to the 660 (5mph faster than anyone else), then tends to nose over in the traps. I'm sure NHRA is watching closely but it's way too early to start penalizing nitro TAFCs. Nice going, Steele. 👍

He has said that they are blowing the tires off on the top end. He also said something about NHRA allowing them to add more wing to help.
Wow.....he's got that thing cookin', doesn't he? You'd expect that out of a blower car, not an injected one.

It's good to see he's working on the combo. Nunzio had a pretty good outing with Tommy. Randy Meyer doesn't have a whole bunch with Julia driving because I think that he chucked a motor and said that he was hanging it up for this season. It's gonna take some time for the clutch. fuel, ignition. Remember, it's not a TAD. New territory for the guys that want to dive into it.

I was at Maple Grove Fri-Sat and saw Mick's run. Hat's off to him, he's made a nice leap. I'm confident we'll get there with my car, we went the 5.73 at Indy and that's with less than 10 attempts. Hopefully NHRA doesn't get too twitchy just yet, it takes data from different tracks and air conditions to try and establish parity. BTW, the crowd at Maple Grove was HUGE! So good to see.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back