Netflix (1 Viewer)

Nazgul

Nitro Member
How many 'maters here do Netflix?
I've been getting movies from them for almost a year now & I love it.

How many 'maters here do Netflix?
I've been getting movies from them for almost a year now & I love it.

My wife does it and we love it. Not having to run out to the store, then of course forgetting it is due, lots of positives. Don't know if I will ever go to a Blockbuster again.

I have been thinking about getting into it...my sister does it and she loves it.
The part that appeals to me is the fact that you can get movies that aren't readily available elsewhere. Also no late fees!

My wife & I are on a free trial with Blockbuster online, which is essentially the same thing and we've enjoyed it but agree we're going to switch to Netflix next month.

the best way to rent movies

I have been thinking about getting into it...my sister does it and she loves it.
The part that appeals to me is the fact that you can get movies that aren't readily available elsewhere. Also no late fees!

It's great Paul, and I usually get my movies within one, no more than two days. I can have 3 movies at a time & pay $17 a month. You can go anywhere from 1 to 9 or more I think? No late fees, and possibly having 30 or more per month is great for 17 bucks.
I average watching 1 or 2 every 8-9 days, but sometimes I may do 7 or 8 in a week if I have the time & I'm bored.

I'm like you Jim, I won't do Blockbuster again.

There's a friends section where you can recommend or vice versa what you think your friends might like. You rate movies you've seen... can see what your friends have in their queue if they want, etc.

I currently have 235 movies in my queue waiting.

Don't do netflix.
Kids come home with 'preview' DVD's weeks before some stuff is in theaters,
and we go to at least one advanced showing a month. Nice to have Danny as 'secondboy' in the house...

ZAK. swordmaster

Looks like for three DVD's at a time Blockbuster and Netflix are the same price. Blockbuster, though, also gives free movie coupons to use at their stores. Just wondering why some folks prefer Netflix to Blockbuster? Is it the selection?

Looks like for three DVD's at a time Blockbuster and Netflix are the same price. Blockbuster, though, also gives free movie coupons to use at their stores. Just wondering why some folks prefer Netflix to Blockbuster? Is it the selection?

To be perfectly honest, I'm not completely sure. I leave most of those decisions to my lovely bride so I didn't investigate too much. Maybe I'll ask her though because we're already doing the Blockbuster thing, so why change if we don't have too...

Senior Chief,
Kat explained it to me once, "the bills get paied, I do this when you're not home, and I like dealing with people I trust... Worst comes to worst, they have a store here I can talk to a real person..." Not just Videos, but everything in the household while I'm gone... Ain't seen the checkbook in 27 years...

Senior Chief,
Kat explained it to me once, "the bills get paied, I do this when you're not home, and I like dealing with people I trust... Worst comes to worst, they have a store here I can talk to a real person..." Not just Videos, but everything in the household while I'm gone... Ain't seen the checkbook in 27 years...

Shipmate, I'm ROTFLMFAO! I gave the checkbook up the day I said "I do," so I know exactly what you're talkin' about - though it hasn't been 27 years quite yet. As long as she gives me my allowance to got to the races... I'm good. When that stops - "Houston, we have a problem." Ha Ha Ha

We've done it for approx 4 years now, and have never had any issues at all. Very convenient to say the least. Once in awhile we might grab some extra movies from Blockbuster if we are going to be in all weekend and want to see something right away, but we keep our queue full of flicks. And they do seem to have some odds and ends once in awhile, and some good documentarys.

We've been talking about doing this. WIth little kids (5, 4 and 4months) its nice to have rotating movies otherwise I walk around all day with those damn cartoon songs in my head :)

Do you get to pick what movies on your list should come when. Or do you have no idea what movie on your list is coming until you open the mailbox?

We've been talking about doing this. WIth little kids (5, 4 and 4months) its nice to have rotating movies otherwise I walk around all day with those damn cartoon songs in my head :)

Do you get to pick what movies on your list should come when. Or do you have no idea what movie on your list is coming until you open the mailbox?

You prioritize the movies you've selected & get them pretty much in that order - though it is somewhat dependent on availability. By and large you can get 'em in order though. Your children can also have lists that can be controlled & monitored by you & your wife.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back