NBC Morning Show. (1 Viewer)

downtime

Nitro Member
Although I would prefer they would announce the first race of the season and the winners... I'lll settle for Tony P. highlights of his "hot" ride yesterday. The highlights were good and an emohasis was placed on his well being and being able to walk away.

It is a shame that crashes make the headlines but the safety message was loud and clear and as NASCAR will be in the news for the rest of the week it was at least a tip of the hat to us straight line folks.

Now hopefully Tony will make a couple of calls and get a followup interview...?????

Just saw it. They could have at least said it happened at the NHRA Winternationals. At least they didn't say "drag car driver" or "dragster driver". And shouldn't they have mentioned that Force was in the other lane? They will never get it.

Just saw it. They could have at least said it happened at the NHRA Winternationals. At least they didn't say "drag car driver" or "dragster driver". And shouldn't they have mentioned that Force was in the other lane? They will never get it.

Where did you see it, rich? I looked all over on the Today show's site and couldn't find it. :confused:

We can complain all we want, however the bottom line is our sport was in the mainstream media with a message of safety. That is more than we get 99% of the time.

My wife asked if Tony was married (she has a younger sister)... ;)

That comment made me realize how marketable Tony's personality can be.

Sure it would have been great to have mentioned John Force, and his struggles and return, and all the great effort he and his team have have provided to the safety cause, however it is the explosion that was aired and I sincerely hope someone at NHRA or in the Pedregon camp is able to make a little lemonade from it... What sponsor would not want their driver in front of the mainstream press? If anyone here is "connected" I hope they can hook Tony up as I am confident he is more than capable of putting a positive face in the mainstream press delivering a message of safety, excitement, and responsibility.

We need to capitalize on what we may be able to obtain (in my opinion), rather than projecting what we wish would have happened.

I'm not being critical as I agree with the sentiments of wishing for more, but I would rather focus on the small window of potential opportunity to improve our sport's position in the mainstream press.

I saw it on CNN this morning....

apparently it on the AP video news service...which means.. either someone at the NHRA or ESPN put it out there and made it available......which should be happening anyway...and probably has been...just a shame that it takes a big fire like that to get their...(mainstream press) ...attention......

Glad he is ok...

Billy

I saw it on CNN this morning....

apparently it on the AP video news service...which means.. either someone at the NHRA or ESPN put it out there and made it available......which should be happening anyway...and probably has been...just a shame that it takes a big fire like that to get their...(mainstream press) ...attention......

Glad he is ok...

Billy

NHRA Media provides raw clips at EVERY race. It's simply up to the outlets as to whether they pick them up or not. Unfortunately, we're still at the stage where it takes an accident or fire to get anyone's attention.

We can complain all we want, however the bottom line is our sport was in the mainstream media with a message of safety. That is more than we get 99% of the time.

,,, but I would rather focus on the small window of potential opportunity to improve our sport's position in the mainstream press.

Amen Ted. I couldn't agree more.

.... just a shame that it takes a big fire like that to get their...(mainstream press) ...attention......

Glad he is ok...

Billy

Billy, I agree... it's just that the mainstream press is what it is. Did you ever see them pay attention to any of the good being done in Iraq? Or the millions of parents who don't beat or otherwise abuse their children? Or any of the trillions of good things which happen all over the world every single day?

While I didn't see the piece, if they pointed to safety in NHRA drag racing, that's the plus side of of the fire coverage. in my mind.

Glad TPed is ok too. Seeing the footage of Force and him at the top end brought a lump to my throat.

im so glad t-ped is o.k, eric our funny car angel in the sky was once again looking down and protected tony from worse. it was touching when john went over and told tony he loved him and gave him a big ole kiss! i saw it on the today show on nbc also, meridith viera said- i wonder if he will ever race again. lol. she doesnt know drag racers! but glad to see tony is ok!

Big Exposure!!
I've just heard from a reliable source on the team that Tony P. is on his way to New York right now! He'll be interviewed tomorrow in the 7:00 a.m. hour on the Today Show! Matt Lauer will conduct the interview in NBC's studios. After the Today Show, Tony will also be doing a live interview on CNN's American Morning.
News release on this should go out shortly. Everybody set your TIVO!!! :):cool:

whats the old saying.. do some thing good they thank you and soon forget you.. something bad to get written down in history.........

(yes it a variation on the actual saying... hold the RIPS.....lol)

Billy

Do you remember how much airplay Cory Mac got after his accident? Same type of thing. Yes, I watched the Thrills and Spills show before the eliminations show. It would be nice if we could get more of the Thills than Spills side of things.

A little tip to people who might be recording the segments: NBC never actually airs the Today show segments at the time stated, so record 90 minutes over to be safe.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back