My 2010 Gatornations pics (1 Viewer)

NitroMustang65

Nitro Member
My 2010 Gatornationals pics

But let me preface this by saying that this is only a preview. I won't be able to upload the rest of them until tomorrow - I took over 500 pics over the course of the 3 days. But here are a few I'm shocked at how well they came out - particularly the ones where you can tell the pic was snapped just as the butterflies fully opened. Also, I have some video up here YouTube - dpjedi's Channel.

IMG_2541.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

Last edited:
The one with Ace pointing at Ron is awesome. Perfect timing on that.
Excellent job. :cool:

Thanks everyone, I'm still in the process of making color corrections, almost finished.

Brett, believe it or not it's basically a glorified point & shoot, 1 step below a true SLR. It's a Canon PowerShot SX10 IS. The major selling point for me was the myriad of settings it has and the 20X optical zoom:cool: My action/launch shots on Friday are blurry because I was fiddling with the shutter/aperture settings trying to get the cars clearer. On Saturday morning my brain clicked in and I put the camera on the Sport mode and bam - it's fast enough to capture butterflies opening, slicks wrinkling and front tires coming off the ground. Plus the 2 built in microphones don't get overwhelmed by a fuel car at 25' so it's able to capture great video/sound too. And the 20X zoom is fully operational in video mode.

And here are the rest. I know it's a lot of pics but I hope someone enjoys them as much as I enjoy seeing other folks pics at events. I also have some more video I'll be posting on youtube later. Those take a while to upload. If anyone thinks a pic or 2 is wallpaper worthy, drop me a PM and I'll send you the full size pic via email.

Friday 111 pics:
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Saturday 210 pics:

Sunday 137 pics:

Last edited:
Jesus! John just has to be the center of everything. :rolleyes: I know he's arguably the greatest driver of all time but his act grows a bit tired sometimes. BTW great zoom pics of the tuners.

I wish I'd had the video going sooner on that Race Day set. Right before I started recording, he dropped an F-bomb and man the looks on all their faces was priceless :D

Nice shots so far! Love the ones of the tuners sending their drivers to stage. :D We were on the opposite side of the Raceday stage...we weren't able to hear what John said, but we saw everyone laughing...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back