Mountain Motor Pro Stock? (1 Viewer)

I think it's been a trend for the past whatever many years, I'm not sure when it became so blatant, but it's been a long time.

Did the fans leave when Grumpy and Landy came to the line? I know for a fact nobody left when Glidden, RM, WJ, Dodge Boys were running. And PS motorcycle....you're having laugh!
I'm only saying to run the Pro Stock classes in between Top Fuel and Fuel Funny car. That might be one way to prevent everyone up and leaving before the Pro Stock classes. I stay in my seat to watch all the racing. I remember when tracks could draw a decent crowd by having a Pro Stock show. Connecticut Dragway would run an open 16 car show and bring in Jenkins, Nicholson, Sox and Martin and others as match racers. The good old days....

Pro stock is as close to a spec class as you can get. A very expensive one.
Something needs to lower the cost and personally I'd like to see other vendors besides Holley everything.

I'm only saying to run the Pro Stock classes in between Top Fuel and Fuel Funny car. That might be one way to prevent everyone up and leaving before the Pro Stock classes. I stay in my seat to watch all the racing. I remember when tracks could draw a decent crowd by having a Pro Stock show. Connecticut Dragway would run an open 16 car show and bring in Jenkins, Nicholson, Sox and Martin and others as match racers. The good old days....

Nowadays you would need to run Pro Stock and bring in Street Outlaws to draw in the "new" crowd

Nowadays you would need to run Pro Stock and bring in Street Outlaws to draw in the "new" crowd
Once again, the point is keeping people from leaving after the fuel classes. If you run the two pro stock categories between top fuel and funny car, people might stay in the stands during the pro stock categories.

There is a reason why they won't run PS between the fuel classes, and that is track prep is different for each class. I suspect the main thing they have to do is clean up the clutch dust and prep the last 320 feet. But I am not sure about the latter, the main reason being prepping the last 320 feet leads to tire chunking on the fuelers.

people will just watch TF, leave the stands for the 2 Pro classes and be back for FC

as has been stated, the fact is the weekend fans want to see NITRO

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back