Mopar-Powered Beckman Triumphs in Funny Car at NHRA 4-Wide Nationals (1 Viewer)

Mopar® paid a visit to the winner's circle at the VisitMyrtleBeach.com NHRA 4-Wide Nationals at zMAX Dragway in Concord, N.C. on Sunday, April 17, thanks to a victory by Mopar HEMI®-powered Dodge Charger R/T Funny Car driver Jack Beckman.

The Mopar-powered Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) Funny Car driver posted a 4.079/313.66 pass to reach the finish line first in an opening round that included Mike Neff, Tony Pedregon and Jeff Arend. Beckman was also first in the second round with a 4.103/312.57 run against Neff, Jim Head and John Force, and closed out the win with a 4.120/309.63 pass to defeat Head, Bob Tasca and Tim Wilkerson in the final round.

Beckman won the inaugural race at zMAX Dragway, dubbed the "Bellagio of drag strips," in September 2008 and went to the finals last October at the fall race at the venue. His overall round record in North Carolina is 12-3.

"I was given the baddest hot rod this weekend," said Beckman, who claimed his tenth career Funny Car win with Mopar HEMI power. "We clearly had the car. I didn't have to drive the car, I had to stage it. We didn't leave anything on the table.

"To get a win is awesome! I drive for Don Schumacher and we get the best of everything, including the best people working on this car, led by Rahn (Tobler, Beckman's crew chief), and everything came together today."

While nothing could be finer than Beckman's visit to Carolina, his DSR teammates and Mopar-powered compatriots, Matt Hagan, Johnny Gray and Ron Capps, had other thoughts on their Carolina jaunt. The trio was unable to advance their Mopar HEMI-powered Dodge Chargers out of the first round at the event.

Beckman is now third the Funny Car point standings, with Hagan fifth, Gray sixth and Capps ninth. Next up is the O'Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Spring Nationals, April 29–May 1 at Royal Purple Raceway near Houston, Texas. For more information, visit NHRA.com.

Attachments

• beckman_wins_fourwide.jpg
    beckman_wins_fourwide.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 22
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back