Momentum Builds for Farber and Team as They Head to ADRL Norwalk (1 Viewer)

Hot off a semi-final finish at the NHRA O’Reilly Auto Parts Nationals at zMax Dragway in Concord, North Carolina, Peter Farber and the crew of his wild 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona are looking forward to carrying their success to the ADRL’s Summit Racing Equipment Ohio Drags this weekend at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio.

Farber managed two hole shot round wins at zMax and looks to keep his hot hand rolling for this event, “We had a strong car and I was able to do my job on the starting line against some great racers.” Farber beat Ed Hoover on a gate job in round one and left on Danny Rowe with a blazing .018 reaction time in round two, advancing to the semi finals where he ultimately was out run by Leah Pruett in her turbo car during the semi-final round.

“We had run a match race in Epping, NH the weekend before this race, and the air conditions were just as nutty there,” Farber said. “Using some of the info we gathered at Epping allowed us to come right off the trailer and run 5.97/242mph. That was a good way to open the weekend and it allowed us to concentrate on making the car consistent and repeat each time down the track.”

With the confidence of a semi-final finish behind him, Farber is excited to mix it up with the ADRL this weekend. “This will be the first time I have ever run an eighth-mile drag race,” he said. “On my best lap at zMax, the car ran 5.92/242, which is also my career best to date. The front half numbers on that lap were 3.89/192mph, so we know this thing can get down the eighth-mile.”

Farber said that there are no major setup changes planned, as the results of last weekend speak for themselves. “We’ve been working hard to learn the car with this new Al Billes supercharger,” Farber said. “Al has been a great help to our program and my crew guys have really been dedicated to seeing this car improve each and every week. We’re very excited to be one of the 12 cars invited to compete in the Penske Truck Leasing Pro Mod class at Norwalk this weekend.”

Peter wanted to thank TJ and Sons Auto Repair and Towing, CRC Products, Champion Spark Plugs, Al Billes Racing, G-Force Race Cars, and his hard working crew.

The team is currently seeking marketing partners for the remainder of the 2011 season and beyond.

Attachments

• farber2.jpg
    farber2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 19
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back