MMPSA leaves IHRA (1 Viewer)

Read the story at Comp Plus! IHRA tried to screw the PS guys again, except the PS guys are holding the cards this time.

MOUNTAIN MOTOR PRO STOCK GROUP PARTS WITH IHRA

If these events are truely stand alone, you'll see how many people are actually willing to pay to see MMPS. I love the class, but lets be honest, MMPS is not a big ticket seller. It certainly adds to the package, but I'm not sure how well it will do on its own. Call me wacky, but reading between the lines, it appears that the ADRL is funding the series and I think we all know why they would do that. I hope it does well, but to attack the IHRA over this seems a bit misplaced - they have been upfront about next season and their and Feld's unwillingness (or inability) to fund MMPS and it was the MMPS drivers that wanted to pay to keep the series out there (just like the NHRA PMs do). Of course, if someone told me Polburn or Peaco stuck their feet in their mouths (again) and pissed off the racers (again), I wouldn't be surprised and I would understand.

If these events are truely stand alone, you'll see how many people are actually willing to pay to see MMPS. I love the class, but lets be honest, MMPS is not a big ticket seller. It certainly adds to the package, but I'm not sure how well it will do on its own. Call me wacky, but reading between the lines, it appears that the ADRL is funding the series and I think we all know why they would do that. I hope it does well, but to attack the IHRA over this seems a bit misplaced - they have been upfront about next season and their and Feld's unwillingness (or inability) to fund MMPS and it was the MMPS drivers that wanted to pay to keep the series out there (just like the NHRA PMs do). Of course, if someone told me Polburn or Peaco stuck their feet in their mouths (again) and pissed off the racers (again), I wouldn't be surprised and I would understand.
Looks to be that's about it right there, Aaron.

Sad to see. So what in the hell does IHRA have to offer now? Except drag racing for fillers on their monster trucks?

Unless someone in "the know" comes on here, we'll never know the whole story. I am speaking from the Pro Mod side of the house, IHRA does not value their professional participants, period. They would rather book in guaranteed money cars than "fix" what has been killing their organization for the past 4-5 years. Good luck to them, I hope their new format works and they're successful, but our team will not be supporting them in the future.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back