Military to wounded vets: 'return part of your signing bonuses' (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ―

The U.S. Military is demanding that thousands of wounded service personnel give back signing bonuses because they are unable to serve out their commitments.

To get people to sign up, the military gives enlistment bonuses up to $30,000 in some cases.

Now men and women who have lost arms, legs, eyesight, hearing and can no longer serve are being ordered to pay some of that money back.

One of them is Jordan Fox, a young soldier from the South Hills.

Read his story, it isn't unique.

This is wrong. I do not care what color lever you pull on Nov 2nd, but this is wrong.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like another case of bureaucracy gone wild. I hope somebody in a position to do something about it puts a stop to this nonsense.

I posted this right after you Greg .
I almost had a coronary when I heard Glen Beck talking about it.

I agree with him that they probably would be grateful and return part of the money if the government will return their legs , arms , eyes or even just one !

I just wonder if whoever tries to collect feels really stupid !

Maybe the military suspects them of blowing a leg off to go home with their lucrative signing bonus. (That was sarcasm in case it wasn't obvious.)

You are correct Greg

OK…I’ll stir the pot.

This could have been the work of a nose-to-the-books accountant. Not saying anything bad about all of them but is seems all the ones I have been around know very little about the business and/or industry they work for. They see numbers, they see outlays, they see ROI reports….all they see is numbers,,,sorta not seeing the forest for the trees.

It could (not was/is) have also been the work of the "make Iraq look bad , and blame it on Bush all the time " crowd. With as many employees as the Pentagon has, or even the GAO… you know they probably have (my opinion, not a fact) their share of the anti-war, anti-Bush folks working there. Someone in accounting could (not did) have came up with this idea, got it in the works and then publicized it as a political game to make the administration look bad.

Bottom line, Bush should have Gates investigate it, find the person responsible and fire their ass. If anything we should be sending him money. I had much rather see my taxes going to him than to some urban 21 year old slut that just downloaded her 4th kid.

JMO

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back